What's new

Camera Fun

Red Baron

Reaction score
I pulled up to a local convenience store this morning with 4 security camera pics of a mom pointing for her itty bitty 5 year old to go get the squeegee I keep at my open bay for customer to remove mud. Pic 2 shows the kid running back to the car with it, photo 3 him putting it in the car. Photo 4 shows a guy in a red Dodge pickup talking to them and who obviously knew them.

My conversation with the Dodge pickup driver was fun:
Me: Sir, this appears to be your red pickup in the picture; do you recognize the white KIA also in the pic?
Guy: Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeah, that's my car too. Why?
Me: [as I show him the remaining pics] Because this little guy took my squeegee and I'd like to have it back.
Guy: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yeah........I wondered where that came from [yeah, right!]. I'll have it back to you today.

Those cameras have paid for themselves 100 times over in reduced stress.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I love catching people red handed. Good for you!

Sidenote: Do you do the 'golden token' scavenger hunt? If you do, could you PM me some of the details? I think it is a great idea and would like to try it around my place.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Yes, the Medallion Hunt is a popular promotion for us. It drives lots of eyeballs to the website every morning to get the day's new clue. The first clues should make sense only after the medallion is found...you don't want them to be so easy that the hunt is over on the first day. Last year I hid it atop the #7 on the zip code on the front of the Post Office, which lent itself to a lot of possible clues.

Aslo, tell people that no climbing or digging is required, and that it will be on public property...lest you make people mad when treasure hunters are rooting through their flowerbeds.