What's new

Calling all Operators with "Hands On" on Various Brands of PLCs

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
One of the influencers for me to go with PLC for our dog wash was the founder of this Car Wash Forum ... William P. Pitzer. I know "at the time" he personally leaned towards Automation Direct. Over 10 years ago we went with what appeared to be Automation Direct's former partner EZautomation.

As some of you know a former employee of mine eventually became a top notch control engineer. He recently hinted to me that he will assist in a rewrite but insisted upon a different brand. Among them he was OK with was Siemens. Touch Screen interaction speed deficiencies was & still is my own personal concerns with Iowa-Chicago based AVG. Not that I want to overly put the company in a bad light since the controls were acceptable to most of my customers ... partially because of other nifty features such as our ... adjustable by the dog wash customer the height of our oversized locally fabricated wash tubs!

Based on actual experience ... can PLC experienced operators give me a hint on how satisfied with the support they got ... not just from a Siemens Distributor but also from Siemens itself??? I will probable try to avoid the absolute cheapest Siemens if we go that route.

We have not finalized whether to try to continue with our existing 96 IO PlC with the 10" touchscreens or to replace with another brand with 4" touchscreen with much more vandal resistant side buttons like we have in our car wash coin boxes with their GinSan boards. Also both ATMs that we have had & continue to have experience with both wisely had & continues o have a more vandal proof way of the customer selecting than just "touchscreen"!