What's new

cadilac CTS rear lens damage

Jud

Reaction score
I recently received a waranty complaint of an owner of a 2003 Cadilac CTS saying that my RYKO softgloss busted the plastic assembly that surrounds the rear license plate which is also the lens for the back-up lights. I watched very closely on my vidio and could not see any damage occure during the wash, but did see pieces come off during the blow dry. The owner came back and said that Cadilac wants over $800 just for the parts plus labor for paint and installation. I'm a little fuzzy on what all is included because I have not had a chance to inspect the car yet. I do have some of the plastic lens pieces and I think they show fitgue evidence from age. I have not agreed to pay the $800 plus yet.
Two weeks later I found an exact same lens cover in my touch free wash bay, but nobody has made a complaint. I found this second discovery very odd, and now I am wondering how many others have experienced a problem with this model car? Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Thanks, Jud

DavidM

Reaction score
We had this happen at our tunnel. The whole lens came off in the dryer area. Cadillac used only adhesive to attach a plastic piece that is about 36" x 14" (ballpark guess) It has a large hole in the center where the license plate area of the trunk is. Like any adhesive, it starts to come loose with time and once the air gets under there, it is off. We paid for it (around $700, I think)

jfmoran

Reaction score
Recall?

Check with a Cadillac dealer, I think there may be a recall on that part.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
I recently received a waranty complaint of an owner of a 2003 Cadilac CTS saying that my RYKO softgloss busted the plastic assembly that surrounds the rear license plate which is also the lens for the back-up lights. I watched very closely on my vidio and could not see any damage occure during the wash, but did see pieces come off during the blow dry. The owner came back and said that Cadilac wants over $800 just for the parts plus labor for paint and installation. I'm a little fuzzy on what all is included because I have not had a chance to inspect the car yet. I do have some of the plastic lens pieces and I think they show fitgue evidence from age. I have not agreed to pay the $800 plus yet.
Two weeks later I found an exact same lens cover in my touch free wash bay, but nobody has made a complaint. I found this second discovery very odd, and now I am wondering how many others have experienced a problem with this model car? Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Thanks, Jud
Well get this, I own a 05 cts and just last weekend I went thru a wash to check it out and found that my back lens had been blown off, well missing,
I checked on e-bay and found only one listed at BIN for over 500.00. used. then being like always I thought about a week later, to check at the wash I used and there it was, leaning against the front wall. just had to glue it back in place......This is a very big problem with this model.