What's new

Buying new wash w/ Goldline ACW, but uses dial up. Advice on switchover

soonermajic

Reaction score
Thew new wash does about 30 cpd & only 3cpd on Credit Cards. He has dial up, & Hamiltons preferred merchant, TSYS no longer adds new accounts for dial up.
Whom do you guys suggest I use as a merchant provider for Dial up?

I was told to use Hamilton GoldLine High speed I need a DAN, & it is another $1800 + labor, etc.... I just flat out don't have $1800 + more dollars.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Can I switch over to Cryptopay? If I do, does it have to use High Speed internet? I wonder if I could just use my HotSpot, like I had planned on @ my other wash?

MEP001

Reaction score
The D.A.N. is a lot more than $1800.

Cryptopay has a kit for it.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Cryptopay retro kit actually won't work on mine, cause it is a Goldmine plus. The screens don't matchup, & neither does the cutout

water guy

Reaction score
I think I would master One carwash before buying other washs.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Ok, back to the original question. You guys got any suggestions on whom to use for my merchant provider?

Overachiever

Reaction score
I was having the same issues with the dial up stuff when I bought my place back in 2014 but Newtek gave me an account. You could try them, but IMO they are pretty expensive plus you have to pay for that phone line. It would save you a lot of money down the road to just go to Cryptopay now if you can.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Good advice, & Newtek is higher than a Giraffes Horn!
Talked to Randy, & Hamilton. Both lemme know the Cryptopay retro kit will NOT work on GoldLine +, which is what I'll have. Screen size is different, & not even compatible anyways.
Gonna stick w/ dial up for now...

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Did you call Cryptopay? I am switching to Cryptopay. Their coordinator costs around $375. The DAN system cost me $3400+ when I bought it and it is obsolete. Apparently, according to Hamilton, 10 years of use out of their equipment is a long time. I only got 9 years of use out of my DAN before it was obsolete beyond upgrading. Hamilton said that 5 years is a long time for a computer based system. Now that I know directly from Hamilton that they do not intend for their products to last I will choose to buy the $375 disposable instead of the $3400+ disposable. Hamilton does not tell you that they do not expect their products to work for more than 5 years when you buy them!

Doug P.

Reaction score
The D.A.N. is a lot more than $1800.

Cryptopay has a kit for it.
Mep,

I was actually considering upgrading my Goldlines from dial up to Internet clearing by adding a DAN system (DAN Econo G3 WE 8.1 list price $1836). Am I missing something? I would appreciate any insight?

I was an early adopter of Cryptopay and have it in 30 SS bays. I have used Cryptopay with ACW 4's with good results also. I wanted the DAN system to use with auto cashiers only for marketing with multiple sites along with high speed clearing. I scrapped all of my ACW 4's and have only Goldlines and HTK's now.

Doug P.

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
No you are correct the new econo DAN without the box is $1800. According to my recent conversation with Hamilton, you can’t expect anything computer based, like the DAN, to last more than about 5 years. I would rather replace a $375 coordinator than an $1800 DAN every 5 years. My DAN was $3600 and lasted 9 years. Apparently, I was lucky according to Hamilton. I believe that cryptopay has goldline retrofit kits now.

MEP001

Reaction score
Mep,

I was actually considering upgrading my Goldlines from dial up to Internet clearing by adding a DAN system (DAN Econo G3 WE 8.1 list price $1836). Am I missing something? I would appreciate any insight?
I didn't know of the Econo one, good to know they have something like that even if it is still expensive compared to Cryptopay hardware.