What's new

Buy Local or Direct?

jstewart

Reaction score
Im new to the car wash business and am looking to build a car wash with 4 self serve bays with a robo style wash or a tunnel wash attached. I am mechanical. should I purchase equipment from a local sales office or buy equipment from out of state.

Have local tradesman install the equipment. I have a brother in law who is an electrician.

Thanks for the advice

MikeV

Reaction score
It doesn't matter so much if you buy it local or out of state, I don't think your "local tradesman" will be able to figure out all the intricacies of a modern car wash. They are not as simple as they were years ago, and even factory trained installers have difficulties with them now. Then comes the "warranty factor". Who is going to service it under warranty? "If you don't but it from me, why would i service it under warranty????" Just a few things to consider.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Ditto
USe experienced installers.
Whatever you think you might save by using regular trades you will pay for in delay and aggravation, possibly in perpetuity.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
There probably won't be significant savings by buying direct, either. Someone with carwash experience will be helpful for your first project. Experienced equipment people working with you or your builder will help prevent some headaches. Little details, like the concrete guy brooming your floors towards the drain will make it easier to clean the floors, etc.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Despite being meahcanical and/or electrical, a new carwash project will require lots of hand-holding by a good distributor and also factory tech support.

Don't think even for a second that it's like anything else you've ever done, cause it isn't.

captain cw

Reaction score
Robo wash. You are going big time old school. Research local car wash distributors and the lines they carry. Make sure they have been in business for awhile and carried the same line of equipment consistently. Get references. Do your homework, unless you just have a lot of money you just don't want anymore. If that's the case, feel free to send it to me.