What's new

Button problems on acw 4/5

bert79

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has had problems with the wash selection buttons on the hamilton acw 4/5. We did the cryptopay facelift on ours with new plexi and new buttons about 4 months ago. Since then the red discs (the part the customer actually pushes) have been falling off. Until now I have been using super glue to get them back on and that has seemed fine until tonight. I think the customers try to mash the buttons too hard sometimes. Tonight I found one button missing the cap again and one stuck pushed in and one stuck in the out position. Curious if anyone has had this problem. Thank you

Kevin James

Reaction score
Who's did you buy the buttons from? Are they original Hamilton buttons? We've never had any problems with any of our ACW buttons falling apart. We use the retro fit buttons from Hamilton.

bert79

Reaction score
Hi Kevin, they are original Hamilton buttons. Not sure if Hamilton has a better button option but we certainly are not happy with these. The first button cover fell off within the first month of use. Overall we do love the acw. It has done everything we asked it to, except for these buttons.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
A few years ago, I replaced my ACW4 buttons after a robbery attempt. At the suggestion of this Forum, I used the Hamilton buttons for their goldline models. They appear more sturdy then the originals.

bert79

Reaction score
Thanks Jim you wouldnt happen to have a KR part number on those goldline buttons would you? I could find a red goldline controller button but wouldnt that be too small?

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, I got the goldline buttons directly from Hamilton. The center of the button is blue and the ring that surrounds it is chrome.

bert79

Reaction score
Thank you all for responding. Since tomorrow is supposed to be the first day above 20* with no precip in a while we thought that getting
fixed today would be a good idea (since it's 13* here currently and the IBA is shut down anyway). I would have bought the goldline buttons if I had days and $$ for shipping. Instead we found a local electrical supply house that had something very similar (and hopefully better for this application). The price was comparable to KR or Hamilton w/o all the shipping costs.