What's new

Business

washregal

Reaction score
How has everyones business been..? I am in SE PA and my numbers are way off. I am down significantly year over year.. I know a Tunnel Wash is effecting my numbers just thinking alot has to do with economy? Talk me off the ledge...

washnvac

Reaction score
Lower, slower Delaware--up 10-15% last year at 5 locations. Averaging 10% up year to date. $2 gas seems to be really helping.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I bought my wash about a year ago. Was closed down for about 18months. My first month not only paid the bills, but was mildly profitable. Had a few great months this winter and it been steadily increasing every month 10-20%

L

loewem

2.5 years into the business and steadily increasing. Up a decent amount over last year. Want/need to do better and trying to figure out how to improve. A lot of competition around. Tunnels, c-stores, two other washes like mine within a few miles (ss and auto bay). Since I started two new c-stores with washes, one new tunnel and another tunnel just broke ground about 10 miles away. I hope it turns back around for you. Hang in there.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Also in S.E.Pa. Last May was my best month EVER!!!! This May we lost our whole month of pollen!!!! Was down over 50% for May, June/July also slow with all the heat. Every one in our area I have spoken to is in the same mode. Dont jump!!!

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I also have a new EE less than 3 mi from my location, and directly across the street from that EE, is a Full Servize exterior that weathered the initial storm of the EE and is actually prospering, and lastly a long established SS wash with a grandfathered outdoor bay also 3 mi from me. I guess there is enough customers to go around.

I do wish I could re-gain the $40K-$50/mo gross my was experienced when new, but then again, that EE wasn't here.

Last edited:

best damn

Reaction score
This spring and early summer has sucked to put it lightly. Bucks county Pa here.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Pgrzes, you used to gross $45k/mo?!! Holy smokes!!!
Hold on there!!! I wasnt the one that said that!!! My place does well but I have only had a few months with those #'s!! I would be really happy if I was doin those #'s steady!! Hoping my new place I am purchasing does close to that!!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My wash has been slow the past couple weeks. seems to get slower in some of the summer months as people go on vacation. and wash at home in nice weather.