What's new

Burnt up my mei 2000 series validator

Daveee123

Reaction score
I put new belts on my mei validator and it went great but i wasnt carefull how i plugged in to the side of it . I have a hamilton changer with a etawah conversion kit.
the plug is smaller then the receptacle. I will put a pic , can someone tell me how to plug it in , so i dont ruin another val. Does anyone know if i can find a new board cheap.

Dave

Attachments

washnvac

Reaction score
A good habit is to take a sharpie and mark across the entire connector before your remove plug in part. This way, you know exactly how it is to be plugged in. Or you can use wire number labels, but they can come off, if not careful.

Daveee123

Reaction score
Hi , thx yea i know what you mean ,,, if you look at the pic i put up im thinking the little plug goes to the side without the extra cutouts for that type of plug but im not sure... ill look at my other machine and see if i can tell how to put the plug in the new validator. unless someone can tell me.... Dave

Randy

Reaction score
That has got to be one of the worse designed plugs I've seen. The Hamilton plug fills the whole slot, much better design. Here are a couple of pictures of how it's supposed to be plugged in. I see this from time to time. There's more to servicing the Mars validator than just changing the belts.

Attachments

Daveee123

Reaction score
Thanks alot , yes i will plug in my new validator when i get it with the two yellow wires together side just like that picture. I have two changers ,
one of them i have an upstack validator , I just installed it upside down so it would fit in the old hamilton box. Im going to buy another validator but get a downstack this time , only thing seems like they cost more .. like 300. im cheap but ill have to do it i guess... Dave

Etowah