What's new

Burnout Floor Repair...Worth it?

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

Had a guy do a brakestand in my IBA. Got his plate and the cops picked him up on various offenses. Anyway, can this be fixed (the part that he dug into the cement...or is it even worth it?

Thanks...BigLeo

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd try mineral spirits and a pressure washer. Give the spirits some dwell time, dial in and I think it'll be gone.

Eric H

Reaction score
Good for you for going after him!!

Regarding the repair: After you get the rubber mark off your customers probably will not notice the flaked off spot because they do not get out of the car. But since you went thru the trouble of getting the police involved I would get a repair estimate for his insurance and put the money towards something else.

MEP001

Reaction score
I try to go after them whenever I can too, even filed criminal recklessness charges against a guy who almost hit me while driving like an idiot.

bigleo48

Reaction score
The police want it to tag on to his current rap sheet. The guy is likely going to jail for credit card fraud, theft, etc.

I'm just not sure if the cement part where he dug in is repairable or not.

BigLeo

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
There are some epoxy cements that might work if the area to be repaired isn't too large. I have seen them used to repair cracks and chips in some wash bays and tunnels. They come in colors that should come close to matching your floor.