- -
- -
- -
131 -
- -
- -
- -
----> <-----------> <--

I want to get Peco. He said ...We can put only 70" building.

I think that that is too small.

What do you think?

mac

Reaction score
Let's see. 70" is 5 feet and 10inches long. If you are going to wash those little cars you see in the circus that hold 20 people, it might work.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Since front-yard building set-backs are usually 50' and you need about 40 linear feet for the entrance turning radius, I don't believe that you will be able to fit more than a 41' long building on the property.

jfmoran

Reaction score
70" is way too short, you gotta go at least 84". (Sorry couldn't resist) Gotta agree with Robert about fitting even a 70' building on that lot. Having said that, 70' can work but it depends on a lot of factors. Will you have conveyor outside the building, are you gonna be front wheel pull or rear wheel push? You gotta pack a lot of equipment into a short area to put out a clean, dry car. What are your projections? A 70' tunnel is gonna limit your volume, which is not a good thing for an express model, depending on the size of your investment.

Creekviewautowash

Reaction score
70 feet too short.

Okay, I manage a carwash in Allen Texas and my tunnel is only 50 feet. I already know that that is too short but that is what I am stuck with, so knowing that what is the best combinations of chemicals to do the best job in that distance?

Juan

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I've got a 70' building with a 80' conveyor. Is it ideal, no not by any means. But sometimes you gotta go with what you've got. You can fit a fair amount of equipment in this space if you think real hard and pack it in. The downside is you don't have much dwell time and you don't get much help in the way of drip time before the blowers. With the right chemicals and drying agent and not skimping on either one it can be done. But, as I said before it's not ideal but definately doable.

Chiefs

Reaction score
You have little choice given you lot dimensions. Even at just 70', one should have a 40' turning radius at the entrance and the same after the conveyor to ensure proper turning. Skinnying these ditances down to 35' at each end instead of 40' will mean that for some long wheel base vehicles, they will have to pull up, back up and pull up again to gt in line with your conveyor guide rails. However, the vast majority of your customers will be able to make it with 35' (provided it is a left hand turn and not a right hand).

Remember too that if you decide to do ANY vehicle prepping at all, for whatever the reason, it will have to take place on the entrance pad before guiding the vehicle onto the conveyor.

If you make the conveyor any shorter, it will substantially and negatively impact on your washing, rinsing and vehicle drying as well. 70' is absolute minimum 90'-100' is the industry average.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Not sure whose chemicals you are using, but with two mitters, you shouldn't have any eyebrow left on the cars. Even 1 mitter, set up properly will remove all but the stubborn stuff (bird droppings, bugs, tar) including eyebrow.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
If you are talking about an Express Exterior wash this site is too small. Even a 60' conveyor won't be enough unless you do a lot of prepping. That would defeat the express concept and really slow you down. You need at least an 85' footer and preferably 110' for an express wash. There is no stacking space or room for vacs. As Robert and Bill pointed out, you need at least 40' or more for a turning radius at the entrance and exit unless there is a curb cut at the front of the site. They would still have to turn to get to the vacs. What you really have room for is a more traditional short exterior tunnel without vacs. Even then I think your site maybe too small depending on where it is situated and what access customers would have to the site.

It seems to me that you are trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Do yourself a favor and either find a bigger lot or change your plans to something that will fit on the site.