What's new

Building Flex-Serve in Midwest

Etowah

strapdragon

Reaction score
I am new to the business as a whole. I am looking to open a new car wash in the Midwest. From the information I have read so far it looks like the Flex-Serve model would fit a need in our location and also fit the management style I was looking to do. What are some things I need to consider that would be specific to the flex-serve model being located in the Midwest? Also who are the top manufactures in the business, are there some top ones in the Midwest?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The "Midwest" covers a lot of ground. You need to be more specific. In a large metro area like Chicago, there are distributers / installers for Hanna / Coleman, AVW, Sonny's, and AVW. Other areas may have fewer to choose from.

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
Plenty Of Options

I suggest contacting the ICA regarding available resources for new investors. Unfortunately you just missed their annual convention where all the manufacturers show their stuff... but that simply means it won't be as easy to contact them all in one spot. But most have websites, so email them for more info and a representative contact. Listen... and learn. But keep your checkbook in your desk.

Some equipment manufacturers: Belanger, Hanna, MacNeil, Peco, Sonny's, AVW, Econocraft, N/S, Mark VII, ... and Ryko in Grimes, IA.

I suggest that you do plenty of reading and investigation regarding how flex-serve actually works. Basically, it has 3 components:

1. Express Exterior carwashing offering a quick, effective car wash & dry.
2. Aftercare where all "hands-on" cleaning is done
3. Self-serve vacuum & vendingAll 3 components are separate profit centers that can act independent of each other.

It is the quintessential automatic carwash platform that offers the most comprehensive, easily adaptable, highest yielding NET profit generating process in the industry. It requires a minimum of 2 staff members to operate the complete process and provides a welcome relief for over-stressed full-service operators :eek: and nervous express exterior owners :( alike.

-Steve

beauman

Reaction score
Contact Darrell Winter at Midwest Carwash Systems for a flex serve tunnel layout. He covers all of Iowa for PECO. 319-533-5215

Etowah

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
Hands-Off The Automatic Washing Process

Please keep in mind that the flex-serve process ideally focuses on no prepping... except for extraordinary situations. The key is to avoid labor on the line. All the hands-on stuff happens in AfterCare.

Just about every carwash equipment supplier can provide a prep-free wash, if required. That often means increasing the size of the building... or compressing the washing process and running a slower conveyor speed. You'll get a cleaner, drier vehicle.:D

The reason for keeping hands-off of the washing process is simple. Once you start prepping, you'll never be able to stop... without upsetting your customers.:mad: So it's much easier to never start, and create a standard of automated carwashing & drying... and offer hands-on service in AfterCare.;)

-Steve