What's new

Building a Dbl IBA (materials)

soonermajic

Reaction score
Seriously considering using Octaform or Extrutech white plastic forms for the build, instead of metal, wood & brick. Can do complete job(building only)for $125,000 vs. $375,000!!!

Has anyone done this, or know of a wash like this? Outer walls would be bright white like your inner walls & super easy to clean. Maybe in 5 yrs do a remodel & just wrap it for $5,000, but look like a brand new place. The build would also go 3x as fast.

Thoughts.. ?

washnshine

Reaction score
Seriously considering using Octaform or Extrutech white plastic forms for the build, instead of metal, wood & brick. Can do complete job(building only)for $125,000 vs. $375,000!!!

Has anyone done this, or know of a wash like this? Outer walls would be bright white like your inner walls & super easy to clean. Maybe in 5 yrs do a remodel & just wrap it for $5,000, but look like a brand new place. The build would also go 3x as fast.

Thoughts.. ?
I can’t say - it may be just fine- just haven’t seen it but that doesn’t mean anything. Also - instead of wrapping it in 5 years, just wrap it when you build it with your brand/look/ color scheme from the start.

MC3033

Reaction score
$125k with concrete? Or are you framing and mounting panels to frame?

I’ve had panels on the exterior but always with a lot of contrast (smaller buildings with windows) or non white. This was on a frame. No issues as long as install is good.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Walls are rhe FEP plastic forms, w/ 5" of concrete poured into them.

Last edited:

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
My wash was built with Nuwalls concrete forms and the outside was finished in stucco/stone. It's held up great since it was installed 13 years ago