What's new

Bug spray on Softgloss

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I recently added bug spray as an option on my Softgloss. It is sprayed on from a manifold mounted on the floor and utilizes a boost pump to get the chemical to the windshield. Right after then chemical is applied the side blasters begin and probably wash away a fair amount of the bug juice. I'm not sure if my machine can be programmed to just wait 10 seconds or so for dwell time or not. It ends up being $300 every time I need a tech so I'm putting that off as long as possible. Does anyone know if it is possible to program the Softgloss xs for dwell time or do I need to look for and alternative solution?
The other thing I offer with my new "ultimate" wash is Element Shield (similar to Rainx but better imo). The Element Shield starts coming out about 2/3 of the way through the rinse pass and then stays on for a full pass. I think that I'm using 25-35% more chemical than necessary because of this. My tech said that was the way the program was set up. You can clearly see and smell the chemical during the rinse pass. Is there a way to get it to start later so the car is only covering the car once?
Thanks guys.

NJpdq

Reaction score
I recently added bug spray as an option on my Softgloss. It is sprayed on from a manifold mounted on the floor and utilizes a boost pump to get the chemical to the windshield. Right after then chemical is applied the side blasters begin and probably wash away a fair amount of the bug juice. I'm not sure if my machine can be programmed to just wait 10 seconds or so for dwell time or not. It ends up being $300 every time I need a tech so I'm putting that off as long as possible. Does anyone know if it is possible to program the Softgloss xs for dwell time or do I need to look for and alternative solution?
The other thing I offer with my new "ultimate" wash is Element Shield (similar to Rainx but better imo). The Element Shield starts coming out about 2/3 of the way through the rinse pass and then stays on for a full pass. I think that I'm using 25-35% more chemical than necessary because of this. My tech said that was the way the program was set up. You can clearly see and smell the chemical during the rinse pass. Is there a way to get it to start later so the car is only covering the car once?
Thanks guys.
For the bug buster spray you can add to the dwell time before the wash continues, You will need the programmer for this but the timer is D958 0-600. It is preset for 0, try 100, and see how long that gives you.

For the element shield depending on how the wash was wired should be D962 10-150, it is preset for 35 so I would go to 50 and see what that does.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm sure my tech will know what that means. I'm glad to know that I can get the dwell. Those smashed, baked on bugs are tough!