What's new

Buffpro "drum-style" polishing tool

buda

Reaction score
Has anyone personally used or seen in live action the new BUFFPRO Polishing Tool?

Would like to have your opinion of the tool, only if you have used it or seen it in live action.

Regards

jfmoran

Reaction score
Bud,

I think you should disclose in a post that you are a distributor of this polisher.

buda

Reaction score
YES, I am a distributor for BUFFPRO. That is the point of the post to find out if operators are familiar with it and have used it or saw it used.

Hope that makes the post more honest, in your opinion.

Bud A

lustralover

Reaction score
i know the guy how invented it. i have been a detailer for 11 years. i hate it.

you cant get into corners.
heavy
pricey
hard to find the pads

buda

Reaction score
Lustralove:

Thank you for the reply.

Have you used the BUFFPRO on an entire car?

Can you get into every corner and styling feature of a car with a rotary buffer?

Have you seen the tool used on a yacht with more severe styling features than a car?

The BUFFPRO is only 2lbs heavier than a rotary buffer. Plus the motion of the spinning drum pad takes all the weight off your hands the puts it against the car. Weight is absolutely no issue.

Are you saying it "looks bulkly" or that you have used it and find it bulky? As a user, what do you mean bulky?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion I just want to know if it is an opinion that is based on what you think looking at the tool or based on using the tool on an entire car or boat?

I find that what you say is not true. Yes, it looks big and bulky and yes, it seems heavy, but once you put it on a vehicle surface, especially the vertical edges it is much easier to use than a rotary.

That is why we decided to get involved.

Regards
Bud Abraham

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Bud, Our detail supplier demo'd one for us earlier this year. I stand by my remarks made in my previous post.

buda

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. He demo'd it, but did you use it yourself?

buda

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and input.

In detailing, like anything, people all have the likes and dislikes. Appreciate your thoughts on the BUFFPRO

Regards
Bud Abraham

buda

Reaction score
you can't ask for peoples oppion,th:Den get mad when thay give you it.
Not mad at all, just wanted to clarify what you said. You used it and did not like it. Understand and appreciate that. That is your choice and I respect that. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Bud A

lustralover

Reaction score
in 5 years thay will be great. Because the pad will be every where. i did like the machine for large vans.:)

buda

Reaction score
As far as I know there are solid patents on both the tool and pads. Don't know the life of a patent but for now and immediate future it is good

Bud Abraham

MEP001

Reaction score
buda said:
The BUFFPRO is only 2lbs heavier than a rotary buffer.
Two pounds is a LOT when you're talking about a hand-held power tool.

buda

Reaction score
Two pounds is a LOT when you're talking about a hand-held power tool.
Not to be argumentative, BUT you have to understand that the motion of the drum-pad draws all of the weight of the machine into the surface of the vehicle.

On horizontal surfaces you simply let the tool do all the work and glide it in an up and down motion. You do not direct it as you do a rotary buffer.

On the vertical surfaces you can literally hold it against the side of the vehicle with your finger.

Weight is simply not a factor with the BUFFPRO when it is functioning, but you can only know this if you are able to use it and use it properly.

Regards
Bud Abraham

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Send me one for some field-testing and I'll send it back with a full report commenting on whatever aspects you like.:)

If I love it, I will agree to buy it at a discounted rate, as it will be a used unit.:rolleyes:

I was groomed by the best cheapskates on this forum.:D

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I have been around the carwash/detail industry for over 33 years. I learned how to buff with a old high speed 3000 rpm Souix that seemed to weigh a ton when I was in my teens almost 50 years ago. Many things have changed since then - most of them improvements. Finishes are much easier to work on. Those old single stage oil based enamels were a b!tch to work on. The polishes are a lot better. Some of those old compounds were like buffing with sand pebbles and could burn paint job in an instant. The waxes/polishes weren't much better to work with.

I always find it interesting when a new tool is introduced into the industry. I remember when the Cyclo was introduced. I knew the guy who invented it. Traditional detailers really dissed it. Too large a head to be useful. Never really became a mainstream tool but it stuck around. Then came the orbital. Many old timers considered it a tool for amateurs and said that any shop using an orbital could not consider themselves professionals. I have seen the video of it on the website but I have not seen a Buffpro used in person. It looks a little bulky but seems like an efficient tool that one could get used to handling with the right technique. I do think it may be a little pricey and the pads seem to be very expensive. Time will tell if it will catch on.

Last edited:

buda

Reaction score
Ron

As an old-timer, like myself, we have seen a great deal in both the car wash and detail industries.

You analogy of the Cyclo is a great case in point with regard to the BUFFPRO. I recall when it came out too which was in the early 80's? It wash looked upon in disrepute by detailers.

Interesting how it has survived until now and used by many of the same detailers who criticize the BUFFPRO.

Change is something that is hard for detailers to accept especially when they have a comfort zone and a system that works.

And, you and I are the first to say: "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Then again a lot of companies are in the dumpster of failure because they thought they had it made.

Namely, the railroads. They controlled the transportation industry in this country for years. But alas they did not see themselves in the transportation business, the but the railroad business and they "railroaded" themselves into near bankruptcy (if not for the US Govt) because they could not see change, ie - cars and airplanes.

Remember too Ron, "everything good comes at a price."

Bud Abraham

I have been around the carwash/detail industry for over 33 years. I learned how to buff with a old high speed 3000 rpm Souix that seemed to weigh a ton when I was in my teens almost 50 years ago. Many things have changed since then - most of them improvements. Finishes are much easier to work on. Those old single stage oil based enamels were a b!tch to work on. The polishes are a lot better. Some of those old compounds were like buffing with sand pebbles and could burn paint job in an instant. The waxes/polishes weren't much better to work with.

I always find it interesting when a new tool is introduced into the industry. I remember when the Cyclo was introduced. I knew the guy who invented it. Traditional detailers really dissed it. Too large a head to be useful. Never really became a mainstream tool but it stuck around. Then came the orbital. Many old timers considered it a tool for amateurs and said that any shop using an orbital could not consider themselves professionals. I have seen the video of it on the website but I have not seen a Buffpro used in person. It looks a little bulky but seems like an efficient tool that one could get used to handling with the right technique. I do think it may be a little pricey and the pads seem to be very expensive. Time will tell if it will catch on.