What's new

Buff and dry

washnshine

Reaction score
I'd like to put in a buff/dry unit at the end of one of my tunnels- it would be on my top package and would take any remaining small water droplets off. I'd be the first one in my area. A few questions:

I don't want to deal with side wheels because of the dirt/oil they can pick up on the lower third with tire shine, wheels/tires that are not 100% clean and areas in and around fenders that might still have some dirt. would it be better for me to just get a top wheel, or to get a mitter type unit that might also assist on the side windows? I like the idea of the top wheel because it would be more thorough and the material would dry quicker than a mitter, but would not really do anything for the sides of the cars. any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

br549ms

Reaction score
One our our competitors does what you are describing. They have a single top brush outfitted with the buff / dry cloth and a blower to keep it "dry". I believe it is a PECO, but may be another brand.

I don't know if it really helps out in drying, but probably adds to customer experience as long as it is maintained. We concentrate on the wash quality and let our drying agent and blowers do the drying. Besides, as you stated it will not help with sides and rear of vehicles.

washnshine

Reaction score
Thanks br. Still contemplating - May or may not happen.