What's new

Brush Control Logic Explaination on Istobal M12+

toddmullens

Reaction score
Does anybody out there have any insight on what controls the brushes on the m12+. I can see the brush control numbers, but I have no idea what a normal reading is or how to adjust if needed. My side brushes are barely contacting the sides of the vehicle. I have verified that the inclination cylinders are working, but some some washes the brushes barely touch the side of the car and I have noticed it’s mainly on the passenger side, but sometimes the driver side will have the same issue. This unit is so old that the Pilz units have no adjustments on them, which I have been told is strange.

mac

Reaction score
Istobal says there is an N1, N2, N3 ajustment in the programming but the quick fix is to turn the Range adjust up one click on the transducer.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what those numbers mean, since my transducer (pile) has no adjustment on it.
Can you post a pic of your transducer? I have never seen one without any adjustments.

toddmullens

Reaction score
That’s what everyone has said to me, makes me wonder if I am looking at the right thing. I have very little documentation on this machine and what I do have is not very user friendly or in English. I will post pictures later this afternoon.

toddmullens

Reaction score
Okay so I was wrong. They do have two dials on them but I was told that neither of these dials controlled the amount of pressure the brush applied.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Todd, give us a call tomorrow @ 1-800-336-8795 option 0 and ask to speak with Chandler. He can help you get your problem taken care of.

sparkey

Reaction score
I bet that machine is fun to troubleshoot without any wire tags.

mac

Reaction score
As an Istobal distributor, I can tell you that the older machines like you have were a little funky. Their electrical drawings are also drawn in the European manner and are confusing at first.