What's new

Bringing in more business to an old car wash

Brad0505

Reaction score
Any suggestions on bringing in more business to an old car wash. It seems most people go down the street to another car wash

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Buddy you need to tell us as much information as possible about your site vs the competition would be a good start just to scratch the surface. Way to broad of a question

Brad0505

Reaction score
Both are simply 4 bay ss car washes with two vacuums each. They both start with $.50.

MEP001

Reaction score
Keep it clean, give good product, check everything often and make sure it's working 100%. Be better than the competition. There are many other things you can do but these basics are almost fool-proof.

If you're the best wash in town you should be able to charge double the other guy.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Brad give us some more details man. Real quick there's two types of people in this business. Some are operators who run the Heck out there washes and then there are owners/Real estate guys who slap a coat of paint on the wash when they buy it and think that's good and don't clean up bays everyday everything dirty as crap, vacuums don't work, weak chemicals, worn down brushes to the metal housing and the list goes on. Which one are you? Is your site in the most busiest section of town or is his? Is he the old man that's retired and goes there all day making repairs and working his site and reinvesting into it making it better quality. Is he the guy that uses a name brand chemical that cleans the Heck out the car and always titrating it with a chemical rep and not buying online/catalog & bathtub chemicals. Its hard for anyone on the form here to give you advice based on you both have a 4 bay wash at $.50 not trying to be a discouraging but its hard to reinvest into your site charging that price I would imagine. If your place is cleaned up and working correctly 100% with quality equipment & chemicals you should at least be $2.00 or more. (A carwash is like a relationship its all in what you put into it is what your gonna get in return) its plenty of guys on here that would help give advice if you told us more and maybe post a picture or too. Hope this helps. Thomas

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
The most important factor is location. If one wash is in a poor location most any attempt to improve business will be met with lackluster results. It reminds me of what I heard a Nascar driver say recently, "The best driver in the world can't go fast in a slow car.".

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Do you take bills ? Credit Cards? Make sure everything is clean and works and then give it away for 2 weeks.

D3Dubs

Reaction score
How is your online game? Do you have a website, location claimed on Google Business listings and Maps, optimized for search terms like "car wash near me", mobile optimized your website, etc? I bought a car wash last year that had no online presence. I spent some time stepping up that part of the business. We're probably going to see an increase in revenue of 15-20% YoY at the one year mark. I can't say this is all due to the online work but it's definitely helped.