What's new

Breaker keeps tripping for spot free pump

slash007

Reaction score
The breaker for the spot free delivery pump on my Razor keeps tripping. First it would last a couple weeks, now it's doing it throughout the day. Pump going bad, or something I can check and adjust? There is a sensitivity dial on the breaker itself What does that do?

Thanks.

MEP001

Reaction score
The breaker could be failing from being repeatedly tripped. The motor could be going bad, or something might be partially plugged which has increased the load on the pump and motor. The dial on the breaker would be to adjust the trip point, which I assume should be set at about 10% above FLA of the motor. If something else has the same type breaker that you can swap it with, that would be the easiest place to start.

DaddyD

Reaction score
You need a clamp on amp meter to check the current of the motor against what the breaker is rated for and the motor name plate. If the current is lower then odds are the breaker is toast. If the amps are higher then the motor or pump is bad or there is a blockage of some sort.

slash007

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll follow these suggestions. Dial was on 0, so I think my guy upped it a little. I'll check it out and go from there.