What's new

Breakdowns

Etowah

charliewash59

Reaction score
Question on breakdowns. What should I expect when it comes to breakdowns - now I know there are 100 questions that could come back to me- like what equipment do you have, how old , maintenance schedule, who is running it......on and on. But in general if I said I can have 1-3 breakdowns every 2 months - would you say
To me you are missing something - way too many. Or would you say yes
That’s about par??

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Breakdowns depend largely on age of equipment.

Daily things are coin jams, vac hose clogs, changer jams,etc. Weekly things can be leaks from swivels, hoses, fittings. Credit card slots where people insert coins.

Automatic equipment breakdowns are trickier. Your question is very vague .

MEP001

Reaction score
...if I said I can have 1-3 breakdowns every 2 months - would you say To me you are missing something - way too many. Or would you say yes That’s about par??
What are some of these "breakdowns" you're having?

Edit: Six posts, all were questions in new threads, no replies from you in any of them so far. Not expecting much in the form of more info...

jasonHTCW

Reaction score
On the express wash side of things, we experience minor blowouts with some water lines but rarely. The climate in Georgia gets cold but nothing extreme so we tend to stay thawed out and not experience too many freeze related issues. Conveyor seems to work fine with the cold weather. If the weather gets too cold, we turn up the heat with the tunnel heaters as well as some turbo heaters that are placed at the front of the tunnel. Vacuums....nothing really changes with the weather. Clogs are minor unless the debris makes its way to the main lines to obstruct the entire section. Chemical lines rarely have issues but we do change out when clogged. Grease up everything and change filters and you should be good. Knock on wood of course. Keep the pit clean and roll with it!