What's new

bragworthy kids

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I cant think of anything more satisfying than having bragworthy children, which I do. :D
I almost never do this, but I cant help sharing some good news - some of you might remember my boys, Ryan was the skinny red haired kid running around the trade show floor at a bunch of the ICA shows. Well he's not so little anymore - 6'2, 20 years old, studying engineering. Anyway he has his first patent & company -- for a mobile coffee brewer, the company is called AnyCafe.
Since he & his partners are currently in college they have no $ and dont want to sell off part of the company so they are using KickStarter to raise funds to cover manufacturing startup costs.
I think its a good idea & might have legs, we'll see where it goes.
Here's a link if you want to watch a short video: AnyCafe_video_on_kickstarter

Sorry if I violated any kind of forum rules posting this - some of you guys have met my boys, I just wanted to share a success story / good news. Yes, and pat myself on the back for having good sons, I admit it.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. I know your feeling. My "kid" used to run around at the trade shows also. He is now running and growing our company and doing a great job.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Good job! You could have ended up with one of these.

[video=youtube_share;RGvrmltfMrA]https://youtu.be/RGvrmltfMrA[/video]

APW

Reaction score
That is awesome. I would definitely buy one.

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
Two words, Paul. Count 'em, just 2:

"SHARK TANK"!

That program is the "proof of concept" when it comes to the American Dream, Free Enterprise, and the entrepreneurial spirit that helped make this country the greatest, strongest, most prosperous and most generous country ... EVER!

Kickstarter is, of course, in that vein. But getting on "SHARK TANK" (even if none of the sharks partner up) gives a really HUGE boost to the guys that manage to get on an episode of that program.

Go get 'em, Ry!