What's new

Boosting a soap.

kentadel

Reaction score
I would like to safely boost an alkaline soap. Also curious if a polymer based soap can be boosted. Coming up on the period where we get a few weeks where cleaning can be difficult. Every spring and fall we have it. To those who do use a booster, what do you suggest? In 30+ years I've never tried it, but have a location that just doesn't clean as well, self service and In-Bay, during those times of the year. Thought about rinsing with hard water to see if that helps or not. We do rinse with hard water at other locations. Any help is appreciated.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Several mfgs make alkaline booster. I think blue coral was one of the first to do this with 380. Quest makes Ad Hi, Warsaw makes hot shot. Contents vary but usually mainly a blend of sodium and potassium hydroxide. It has to be diluted while mixing with water in a dual eductor hydrominder or dual injector. If you attempt to just add directly to your container of presoak it's likely not going to stay in solution. A little goes a long way. I would only attempt this with a touch free presoak.

kentadel

Reaction score
Several mfgs make alkaline booster. I think blue coral was one of the first to do this with 380. Quest makes Ad Hi, Warsaw makes hot shot. Contents vary but usually mainly a blend of sodium and potassium hydroxide. It has to be diluted while mixing with water in a dual eductor hydrominder or dual injector. If you attempt to just add directly to your container of presoak it's likely not going to stay in solution. A little goes a long way. I would only attempt this with a touch free presoak.
Thanks Greg, I will check those products out. Agree on using only for a touch free. Hate to boost in a self service bay where applications aren't controlled.

OurTown

Reaction score
We used JBS Action high presoak with Action high booster for years in the self serve and touchless because they were drawing from the same Hydrominder tank. (Super Wash setup) The Hydrominder had a dual eductor kit on it. JBS Action high presoak and booster are potassium hydroxide based.

kentadel

Reaction score
Thanks Ourtown, we have done similar drawing Blendco hph and presoak 2000. Went away from low/high at a location because it was new concrete. Eyebrows are difficult to get and was thinking a booster may also help with that.