What's new

Booster?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I'm using a cta to apply tire and wheel cleaner when they drive in. I'm using KR product but it's not doing great. If I added a booster would that help? I've heard of boosters but don't really know what they are or how they work.
Thanks

mac

Reaction score
I think many boosters are just a high alkalinity product. The Armor All line has a booster that you can mix with most any other alkaline based product to give it an extra kick. I use it in automatics instead of a low and high ph process. The easiest way to mix is a simple dual eductor setup. There are some real good tire cleaners out there however. If you are not hally with what you use now I know of many soap sales people who would live to talk to you.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestions? I need something fairly cost efficient because the application is so inefficient that we use a lot of it. What would get the job done?

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Before you start using a boost do a cost analysis. Sometimes using a boost costs a lot more than either switching to a stronger product or increasing the amount you are currently using.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Help me understand how that makes a difference... It needs pressure?

briteauto

Reaction score
Help me understand how that makes a difference... It needs pressure?
I can't say for sure with KR products, as I have not used them, but generally, wheel and tire cleaners for the automatic are much stronger than their SS counterparts. They often have sodium or potassium hydroxide, making them corrosive and requiring a hazardous DOT shipping label and fee.

Most of the SS tire and wheel cleaners cannot be made that strong, as your everyday customer could easily come in contact with the chemical when dispensed through a SS wand.

The same holds true for the difference in SS and automatic presoak chemicals. Most of the SS stuff is neutral, or close to it, but even if it is of higher pH, it will still not be caustic, as the chemicals for the automatic will be.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
try Braker from C.A.R. products or Rim Job from Autowash Maintenance.

Both are high ph wheel cleaners and super effective.

KR doesn't sell anything that has met my needs for wheel cleaning in the detail bay and that is what I would try if I were using an on-line wheel cleaner in my touchfree.

Kaady also markets the heck out of a product called TWB (tire wheel body) that sounds gt=reat though I haven't used it.

Some tunnel guys in the Northwest swear by the stuff (TWB).

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have some "inbay presoak" from KR on hand that I am going to try. Any downside to that? If you have to pay shipping on this stuff it really make a lot of it cost prohibitive. I've just never been able to find 1 brand that suits me for everything.