What's new

Boom

Louise

Reaction score
One of my booms swings the hose into the bay making it difficult for a car to pull all the way through without pulling the brush out of its holder. Is there a way to readjust this boom. It wasn't this way 4.5 years ago when installed.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's usually done by shimming the mounting bolts, but it's possible someone's hit the boom with a tall vehicle. If it still swings freely you should still be able to shim it back.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Louise, get up there and check to see if the weld is broken where the stem is welded to the flat plate. I had one break many years ago. The boom didn't fall, but it would stop anywhere. It took quite a while for me to realize that the stem was rotating in the plate. Took it to a machine shop and had it welded up and it's still in service after 18 years.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Something similair happened to me. The boom would home on the opposite side of the holder and would catch on most vehicles. It happened by someone originally getting it caught on their car and bent the mount. I just spun the mount 180 degrees so it now homes on the side of the wand holder.