What's new

Boom came down in middle of pass and hit top of van

Reaction score
Anyone ever have this happen on their 1.0 or 2.0? This van used our cw all the time and just yesterday the boom came down in the middle of two different passes and hit the top of the van in the same place.

Reds

Reaction score
I have 2 WW2.0's with 100k washes on each one. Never had anything like that happen. I wish there was a way to rig a safety eye on the underside of the boom. My concern is with people going thru with wheelchairs, etc. attached to their trailer hitch.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the boom also came down at the correct spot (rear of van) after it came down early.

so a sensor is sending a false input to the boom down control.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I noticed the machine acts strange on the first pass.- doesn't it pause for a couple of seconds?

I wonder if the profiling eyes made contact through the van windows and somehow confused the machine.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have 2 WW2.0's with 100k washes on each one. Never had anything like that happen. I wish there was a way to rig a safety eye on the underside of the boom. My concern is with people going thru with wheelchairs, etc. attached to their trailer hitch.
IIRC Coleman has a contact switch kit you can install.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I noticed the machine acts strange on the first pass.- doesn't it pause for a couple of seconds?

I wonder if the profiling eyes made contact through the van windows and somehow confused the machine.
that does make sense but wouldnt it do that on every pass?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The car is being profiled/measured on the first two passes. Those values are stored and used for the remainder of the wash.

Reaction score
I wondered the same thing about the window in the van, it been through this wash many times, if that happened it is a fluke.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Due to the fact that it appears boom went down in the same place on the car AND it is approximately the same spot that the machine pauses when profiling I bet it is software-related.

You can send that video to Coleman. They may have some answers. They have made some software changes in the recent past to address some safety oversights in earlier versions. The current version is 2.54

Reds

Reaction score
Is it possible that you have a counting wheel issue and the WW is confused as to where it is?

Reaction score
First thing I did was send JC the video. Looks like if this happened on this van through the windows it would do it on all the pickups we wash.

txheat

Reaction score
First thing I did was send JC the video. Looks like if this happened on this van through the windows it would do it on all the pickups we wash.
i have fusionx within the 1st year of operation the boom swipe the back side of minivan. Your redlion software should be updated to where if the sensors (eyes) are not working the boom should not come down. safety update not a fix on the issue. i think your eyes are going out.