What's new

Bonus Token Dispenser

steve569

Reaction score
Has anyone used a bonus token dispenser with their inbay automatics as a way to boost volume. I know they were designed to help compete with tunnels that give free vacumns. My tokens are worth one dollar and my vacumns accept tokens as do my auto cashiers. Anyone with any experience with this, your input would be appreciated.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
At one location I installed token machines on my IBAs. The customer can use them in any of the combo units as a 1.25 credit (five minute vac) or can actually use them for a SS startup.

Customers that utilize them really like them. I ahve not seen any reveneue increase, but I have some stiff IBA competition. I have three C stores within a block, one is also offering free vacs with their IBA, one is offering free wash with fill up, and the other is offering 2.00 washes on select weekdays. Of my customers, I would say 30% of them do not get the token. I continually find them left in the coin cup. Admittedly, I have done a very poor job promoting them. A friend of mine suggested I really need to promote them on the road with signage, and do a better job of informing my existing customers of what they're good for.