What's new

Bonus time LED7

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Doesn't necessarily lock you into dollar increments. When I switched to dollar coins, my price was $1.50. I converted my dual Hamilton changer to dispense four quarters with any bill.

Payouts went like this:

$1 - 4 quarters
$5 - 4 quarters, 4 dollars
$10 - 4 quarters, 9 dollars
$20 - 4 quarters, 19 dollars
FWIW my post said "... sort or ..." Don't all your coins go in to the same bin? Then, don't you have to sort quarters from dollars to re ciculate thru changers?

MEP001

Reaction score
I wrote a program that mostly works - I'll need to add a timeout so it won't count up the $1 bills and resets the $10 payout after a couple seconds. Maybe cb80 can do that part easily, I'm having trouble figuring it out.

MEP001

Reaction score
Thanks, that definitely works! The timing could be fine-tuned so the bonus pulses come in closer together and closer to the bill payout, and unfortunately I think this will only work using the auxiliary input. The time clock could easily be added back in if someone wanted to do the bonus only at night or weekdays or one day a week or whatever.

Thomas, these relays aren't real expensive, and if you don't have two unused wires per bay and your boxes are back-to-back where you can run a couple wires between them, you could use one for every two bays.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Thanks, that definitely works! The timing could be fine-tuned so the bonus pulses come in closer together and closer to the bill payout, and unfortunately I think this will only work using the auxiliary input. The time clock could easily be added back in if someone wanted to do the bonus only at night or weekdays or one day a week or whatever.

Thomas, these relays aren't real expensive, and if you don't have two unused wires per bay and your boxes are back-to-back where you can run a couple wires between them, you could use one for every two bays.

I am gonna call you this week thank you so much

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
For many years now we have been giving a bonus time with our Vacuum Dixmor LED7s if the customers use dollar coins. 4 quarters put in real fast will do the same bonus time. On the laundromat side our 16 dryers' all have the ability to adjust the pulses-time so we also successfully give a "dollar coin" bonus there. It takes time to see the affirmation from customers but long term wise it can make sense .... especially in areas like ours where we rely on our regulars vs just "one time users".

In our two room dog wash we have more time given for our slower days Tues-Thurs. That is where the dog wash's PLC & hopefully the skill to program it &/or other programmable PCB chip (firmware revs?) can be helpful.

We decided that tokens were not as "customer friendly" as the "use & exchange anywhere" dollar coins. Sorting is not an issue for us with our Cummins Coin Counter that handshakes to our database file or optional spreadsheet file. Banks that are allowed to & are encouraged be hostile towards all cash seems to be a much greater problem based on experience! Like politicians who use "fines & fees" similar to "against the 'little sisters of the poor'".... they not only find but use insidious ways to manipulate!!!

Don't get me started on the "broken laws voting clear evidence". I notice the worst imaginable "anti dollar coin" poll huckster-trickster Frank Luntz (anti trump) is being pampered & interviewed lately by MSM even though he has "zero credibility" IMHO.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
For many years now we have been giving a bonus time with our Vacuum Dixmor LED7s if the customers use dollar coins. 4 quarters put in real fast will do the same bonus time.
So do you have it set to give a bonus at 4 coins? Does the bonus repeat every 4 coins? And what happens if four quarters are deposited, but not quickly?

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you have the Dixmor set to give a bonus minute at four coins?

Etowah

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I don't remember exactly ... but I do know that if 4 quarters are put in real fast it will give the bonus.

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you replicate this, make a video, and post it here?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
So do you have it set to give a bonus at 4 coins? Does the bonus repeat every 4 coins? And what happens if four quarters are deposited, but not quickly?
I thought it worked off pulses.? Mine is set for $5 and it works with 5 singles or a 5 dollar bill. have not tried 20 quarters.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I thought it worked off pulses.? Mine is set for $5 and it works with 5 singles or a 5 dollar bill. have not tried 20 quarters.
For the higher pulse count to work for a higher initial amount bonus ... if I remember right ... for it to not go too quickly into the actual start ... Dixmor has a delay setting. That delay setting is possibly what MEP is wondering about? 20 quarters would probably require too long of a delay setting for the bonus to function properly.

We have a minimum of 2 quarters for the start. That is why the 3rd & 4th quarter inserted quickly still gives the bonus extra minute on our Vacs.

MEP001

Reaction score
For the higher pulse count to work for a higher initial amount bonus ... if I remember right ... for it to not go too quickly into the actual start ... Dixmor has a delay setting. That delay setting is possibly what MEP is wondering about? 20 quarters would probably require too long of a delay setting for the bonus to function properly.
Nope. The delay setting is for the timer starts, either a 2-second delay or instant-on when the start amount is reached. The bonus setting is not affected by that.

We have a minimum of 2 quarters for the start. That is why the 3rd & 4th quarter inserted quickly still gives the bonus extra minute on our Vacs.
Can you demonstrate this?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Nope. The delay setting is for the timer starts, either a 2-second delay or instant-on when the start amount is reached. The bonus setting is not affected by that.

Can you demonstrate this?
I took time ... besides just talking "late breaking prez election potential correction" with customers this afternoon .... to do a quick phone video & sent it to my youtube channel:

I am pretty sure the quickness has to be within the 2 second Dixmor delay start parameter. I thought the delay was adjustable ... it has been 5 or 6 years since I set up a Dixmor so my memory is sketchy on the specifics if there is any leeway outside of Dixmor's instructions.

Not sure if Earl is referring to a "bonus" for $5 with five $1 paper also bonusing???

I know I am charging way too little for each of my four vacuums ... including the one with an air toggle switch. It is something that we have to improve on to make things more long term viable!

MEP001

Reaction score
And if you drop four quarters in with a very long wait between each one, you do NOT get the bonus? Could you test that with a video too?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
And if you drop four quarters in with a very long wait between each one, you do NOT get the bonus? Could you test that with a video too?
It depends on how long of a wait. I now see that Earl's Bonus probably will work ... it honestly does seem to still give the bonus without the customer trying too hard to beat the Dixmor's timer start. So it appears I was wrong about the need for a lightning fast insertion of the 3rd & 4th quarter to get the extra minute. If I made the video to be accurate enough ... I would have to keep trying to determine where the precise time threshold (no bonus drop-off) between insertions is.

Hopefully, Earl can show on a video at precisely how much leeway time wise after the Dixmor Timer Starts with his insertion of $1 bills vs a single $5 bill will still give the customer the promised bonus! Even though Dixmor seems to discourage the bonus based on tdlconceptsllc's phone call to Dixmor that he previously posted about within this thread; I definitely see the Bonus as a worthwhile feature.

I will say this ... dollar coin wise & probably applies to tokens ... the extra minute bonus appears to consistently only happen once with the initial 1st bonus threshold met. This is based on<13 minutes readout on the display after a 2nd dollar coin is inserted. That is using just two dollar coins. I tried that 5 or 6 times with the same result. My wait times after the 1st dollar coin insertion was between 1 & 10 seconds. Never a 2nd bonus. Dixmor might have a test station flow chart that also shows the limitations of the multiple threshold insertions to get bonuses ... not sure on that.

The main board PCB circuitry on my laundromat commercial dryers allows so all the dollar coins inserted will give the bonus minutes based purely on the 4 pulse setting for the Dollar Coin. I just programmed the dollar coin with the proportionate extra pulses. If I studied the Dixmor LED7 instructions a bit more like Mep did maybe there is another way to set up the LED7 bonus reliably???

MEP001

Reaction score
It depends on how long of a wait.
Nope. It even says right on your signage:

Bonus.jpg

You have your Dixmor set to bonus at 4, bonus of 1:30, single bonus, delayed start. The bonus happens on the 4th coin only, every time, and nothing else changes that. Again, the delay setting only affects whether the timer starts instantly on the start amount coin in or after a two second delay. You're welcome to try and prove me wrong with another video.
... the extra minute bonus appears to consistently only happen once with the initial 1st bonus threshold met.
That's from the single bonus setting. If it was set to multiple, every 4th coin pulse would add 1:30 of time.

If I studied the Dixmor LED7 instructions a bit more like Mep did maybe there is another way to set up the LED7 bonus reliably???
Not for how the original poster wanted, which was a bonus only on a $5 and $10 bill inserted.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
When we are discussing the LED7 ... is it safe to say that a sometime reference to a coin is the same as a pulse?

I am somewhat humbled being confused about optimizing the LED7's Bonuses for all cash payment scenarios. Like for some others ... hopefully the confusion will be on the temporary side.

I know that coin mechs tend to output 1 pulse for a quarter & 4 pulses for a $1 coin etc.

As long as we are talking mainly discussing bill acceptors ... the pulses tend to be preset to output 4 pulses for $1 bill to 20 pulses for a $5 bill & 40 pulses for a $10 bill & 80 pulses for a $20 bill.