What's new

Blue Beacon truckwash- why would they not automate

Aucklandtruckwash

Reaction score
Hi
for those that know about truck washing, Blue Beacon wash process seems to be.....
- apply acid
- apply alkaline soap
- high pressure rinse with hot /warm water
- spot free rinse
- approx 110 locations

why would they not automate this process? has anyone in the truckwash business seen a successful automated 2 -step truckwash bay

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One reason might be that there are many sensitive areas on a truck. I used to wash and detail big rigs in my younger days. The aluminum that is used on many parts of the truck is highly sensitive to strong chemicals whether acid or alkaline. The streaks that occur can be quite noticeable and require hours of polishing to get them out. That's one big reason I can think of Not to automate.

washnshine

Reaction score
One reason might be that there are many sensitive areas on a truck. I used to wash and detail big rigs in my younger days. The aluminum that is used on many parts of the truck is highly sensitive to strong chemicals whether acid or alkaline. The streaks that occur can be quite noticeable and require hours of polishing to get them out. That's one big reason I can think of Not to automate.
Yes - in addition to that, there are also a lot of areas of a truck that might need additional dwell time/special treatment. They can encounter heavy build ups of soils that your average car does not.

mac

Reaction score
They do that because that’s how they always have. Their management is dumber than I thought. Meanwhile chemistry has greatly improved. I have a cleaning agent that you spray on all surfaces, let sit 20 seconds, and rinse off. Surface is clean, shiny and dry.