What's new

Blue And White pumps

SuperClean

Reaction score
I thought I would ask the pros maybe im missing something or maybe these blue and white pumps just suck.
I never had a problem with them so I have never had to deal with them before but the wax was not pumping on my ryko. The pump was pumping but was not pulling the product up. I had a new one in the box from about 3 years back so I switched it out and still no suction. I thought maybe a bad pump so just got a new one from kleen rite and no suction. I took out the check valves I put some water in the top thinking maybe it needed a prime and I can not get any suction at all. I might be missing something or these pumps could just be the worst thing in the world and I can not return it since I cut the plug to wire into the ryko switch. Any tips to get this working? Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
Is it pulling from a pail of wax? You might have a bad or plugged foot valve.

It won't prime well if it's trying to pump against pressure on the outlet. I have to use a vacuum brake bleeder to suck liquid into the injector pumps to get them primed.

soapy

Reaction score
I used to run a lot of the blue white pumps before going to injectors. First thing to do is check the check valves on the outlet and inlet side of the pump. I used to find the little ceramic ball would stick to the oring seal if the pump sat around for a while. You could insert a small screwdriver into each check to make sure the ball is moving free. Most problems I ever had with the pumps was due to the check valves not functioning properly. Many times I would take out the ceramic ball and spring and use either a John Guest push lock check valve above and below the diaphram if I was using 3/8 OD hard tubing or a SMC hose barb check valve if it was flexible tubing. For these pumps to work correctly both check valves must be working.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Actually, they just suck!!!!!!!! But not enough to prime themselves.

washnvac

Reaction score
I turn pump on, then use the garden hose to force water through the entire line from the suction end to a few feet on discharge line. Once it is full, then I drop suction line into chemical and purge. This has seemed to work perfect. I, too, found they will not prime their self.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
All I do is loosen the compression nut on the tubing on the discharge side of the pump and run the pump at full speed until all the air is out of the suction hose. After the suction hose is full and product starts to come out the discharge side I tighten up the compression nut.