What's new

Blower motor troubleshooting

Buzzie8

Reaction score
All three blowers on one of my JCC water wizards 1.0 quit working today. After some troubleshooting I learned that one of the three controllers that pulls in the starter solenoid tripped (located up on top of the gantry). I assumed the motor was pulling too many amps and tripped this controller. I have replaced four blower motors over the past few years. What is a bit confusing is that it is shutting off all three blower motors. In the past this never happened. The motor is spinning free and only one of the three controllers are tripping. I have not taken an amp meter to it yet but will see how many amps each motor is drawing tomorrow. I don;t want to replace the motor if it is not the problem. Anyone ever have this happen?
Buzzie

Bill Manke

Reaction score
All three blowers on one of my JCC water wizards 1.0 quit working today. After some troubleshooting I learned that one of the three controllers that pulls in the starter solenoid tripped (located up on top of the gantry). I assumed the motor was pulling too many amps and tripped this controller. I have replaced four blower motors over the past few years. What is a bit confusing is that it is shutting off all three blower motors. In the past this never happened. The motor is spinning free and only one of the three controllers are tripping. I have not taken an amp meter to it yet but will see how many amps each motor is drawing tomorrow. I don;t want to replace the motor if it is not the problem. Anyone ever have this happen?
Buzzie
Check your wire coming into the blowers all the way back to where they make any connections. If they are loose. they could make it draw more amps. Had this happen on a older Mark VII unit I had years ago.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Here is an update. I put an amp meter on all three phases on all three motors. All motors were pulling around 24 amps. The starter controller where it keeps tripping has a dial on it to increase the amperage before it trips. I took it up to 28 amps then ran the blowers for five minutes. Thought I had it fixed. It tripped again later in the day. I now turned it up to 33 amps and ran it for 10 minutes. Seems to not be tripping. Hope I don't burn anything up!

Bill Manke

Reaction score
When the motors first start what are the amps and what are they running at once on? Do the motor all start at once or are they staggered?