What's new

Blow down systems in SS bays

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I assembled and incorporated a blow-out/antifreeze system for my foam brushes and lp foam guns using a programmable logic relay as the controller. It works great.

Below the temperature set point and 10 seconds after use, the brush or gun gets a 10 second blast of air…then, a 5 second injection of windshield washer fluid…followed by a 5 second pause and finally, another 10 second blast of air.

The first air blow-out clears most of the foam from the exposed hose/gun/brush assembly. The washer fluid dilutes any remaining foam and the second air blow-out finishes the job. Any remaining liquid that collects in the hose’s low point is washer fluid…so it’s unlikely to freeze. So far, it’s successfully protected my systems down to about -10F.

Key to efficient operation is to introduce the air and washer fluid directly above the protected devices…from an insulated and heated plumbing trough. I refitted my foamer pods with the necessary fittings and use them as the “injection” points.

Since product lines are always full up to the foamers, a customer using the systems in freezing weather only has about a 5 or 6 second delay before the product gets delivered.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
CB80 Is the Idec Guru here on the forum! He's a Genious! I am also using the same system as described for my 3 bays of Tri-Foam. It works flawlessly. I think last winter I only used a total of 12 gallons of Wndshield washer fluid for 3 bays. The system (Idec Programmable Relay) is activated from the secondary output of my weepmizer at 36°. Once energized, the Idec controls a complete blowdown/injection/blowdown sequence of each bay one at a time until complete. This method has the most minimal amount of load on any part of the system. Once that is completed, the system only winterizes a bay after its used. If you're interested, I started a thread about PLC's and how to program here on the forum. There's lots of details and pictures of the components and finished product.

http://www.autocareforum.com/showthread.php?8291-Programmable-Relay-or-PLC

kjohnson

Reaction score
Would you mind sharing more info on this? Like where to purchase or component lists...I am looking for a system like this for my SS bays just to flush the water in the lines. I recently purchased a 2bay SS and need to get something implemented. Thanks in advance!!

MEP001

Reaction score
Would you mind sharing more info on this? Like where to purchase or component lists...I am looking for a system like this for my SS bays just to flush the water in the lines. I recently purchased a 2bay SS and need to get something implemented. Thanks in advance!!
Look in the link above - it should contain everything you need to know.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Didn't even see that. Thanks
With this new ACF, in IE, the links are the same color as all the rest of the text. they are hard to spot, especially if someone assigns a link to a regular word and it doesn't "look" like a link. It was a lot easier when the links were a different color then the rest of the text.

MEP001

Reaction score
With this new ACF, in IE, the links are the same color as all the rest of the text. they are hard to spot, especially if someone assigns a link to a regular word and it doesn't "look" like a link. It was a lot easier when the links were a different color then the rest of the text.
I noticed that too, that's why I use the underline tag when I post a link.