What's new

Blood at Whale of a Wash

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
A customer at my wash called police because there was blood splattered on the wall. I was 90% sure I would have washed it down myself without thinking twice, as unless there was a body it's always a hunter or something strange although, I don't think any hunting is going on. The PD spent 4 hrs, being they were not sure how to get a test back quickly to determine animal or human.
I called all the tv stations to get free tv as long as the police were wasting my time. It turned out to be animal blood , What do you guys think -is it bad press or good press. I felt good press as I was sure i knew the outcome.

http://www.valleynewslive-ondemand.com/video/html/video2.shtml

mac

Reaction score
Since it was blood I would not have called in the local media. Now if it was a Hooters girl giving away 100 dollar bills...

MEP001

Reaction score
I happened to notice surveillance video of a customer who looked into a trash can and then called the police. They showed up (two separate cars), hung around for a few minutes and left. I got there about 30 minutes later and found blood in the trash can, but I can only assume the cops determined it was animal blood.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I'm not sure that I would want police, blood etc in the back of anyone's mind, they will have the negative thought before the "all clear" thought. IMO any negative "impression" is not a good thing.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I had a passerby call the police to one of my washes one night. It wasn't for blood though, it was just a dead body. It made the paper of course, but I saw no ill effects on business. Foul play wasn't suspected and I think it was later determined that the man had dropped dead from a heart attack.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, I actually had alot of people give me positive comments today. So I don't think it ended up being a negative. I think most can figure out the wash was not to blame.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Is there such thing as bad press?

For example, remember McDonald's getting sued for hot coffee burning a lady? How many coffees and lattes are they selling now? :)

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe it's true that any publicity can be seen as ositive in some way.

Your wash was on tv. A commercial during the news is very expensive.

From a business/promotion standpoint, this cannot hurt and will only help.