What's new

Blocked foam generator on High Velocity

carwashspain

Reaction score
I’ve got no supersat or Presoak coming through to my spray arch. The double-headed injector in the plant room seems to be sucking ok, although both products are still struggling to get up the tubes. In the bay for about the last month there’s been a funny ‘rattlesnake’ sound whenever Presoak is activated. That’s now stopped and I’m just getting a mixture of just mist and water spray coming out. I’m thinking it’s either a bad check valve or a blocked foam generator. Most likely the generator, as if it was a Presoak check valve (for example) then presumably the supersat would still work, and vice versa. I’m just wondering if there’s an easy way to remove and clean the foam generator, as it seems pretty welded in there? Will attach a pic if I can.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
The "rattlesnake" sound would most likely be the check valve. It's unlikely the foam generator would just stop flowing suddenly. My bet would be on a check valve stuck closed.

carwashspain

Reaction score
Thanks for that, but it turns out it was even simpler. The plunger mechanism in my supersat tank was stuck, meaning the tank didn’t fill up to the normal level and therefore the supersat wasn’t flowing, meaning the vacuum effect between the supersat and Presoak (both passing through the same injector) was broken. Duh. It gets better. After I fixed it I spent the day wondering why the Presoak/ supersat mix was so orange and concentrated, instead of the usual pink. Didn’t realise till the end of the day that the tip was missing in the injector. I must have forgotten to put it back when I was experimenting earlier! Meanwhile I ripped through half a drum of Presoak today. You really do live and learn.