What's new

blendco

J

jason

my iba goes through the powder, washed 250 cars and time for new box of powder, at 145.00 per box! are you happy with the blendco powder for your iba, howmany cars do you get washed per box

OntheBlvd

Reaction score
I was very happy with the wash but have recently complained to the supplier who sold and setup the system. I did not record the number of washes at the time of install but figure that I had less than 300 washes for the initial first two 55lb boxes. The output is set at max and my cost is at $140 a box of powder and $175 for the liquid detergent (surfactant). Currently I'm in the process of checking benefits vs. cost to see if I will continue to use it. There are only two suppliers in the area and it appears that once you have the tank they pretty much have you by the Ba$#s.

mac

Reaction score
You guys need to be more proactive in this with the Blendco. It's fairly easy to test what you have with a titration kit, which they should have left when it was installed. If you didn't get one, ask for it. It should be free. You can then set it to your likes.

BlendMoney

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

That is the best part of the Blendco product, you have the ability to change just the amount of HPH powder you use per car without touching the surfactant settings. You can set it to whatever cost you want.

Also, most chemical suppliers set up new chemicals according to average specs not your specific need specs. Check your titrations as was said earlier and set it where you want it.

mac

Reaction score
The start up settings from the supplier should be looked at as only a starting point. Your results may vary. For instanse, if you are close to the water plant and your water pressure is high, say around 60 to 80 psi, your hydrominders will suck much more than if your incoming pressure is 20 to 30 psi. Your pressure will also vary during the day. And the diaphrams in the hydrominders should be changed about every two years. That can make a big difference. And lastly, most soap salesmen are just that, soap salesmen. Most are clueless about the things I mentioned.

BlendMoney

Reaction score
These are all great points, one of the most important things to understand is that all equipment is different, and no two washes will ever be alike with their settings and water softness, etc. With that being said, you have to learn how to educate yourself to maximize your profits.

Gabriel

Reaction score
The Blendco system is very flexable and reliable. You can get what ever you want out of their products and get great results.