What's new

Blendco

washregal

Reaction score
Looking at installing Blendco in both IBA and SS - I have driven my car (super Black) through several wash's recently and have found that through IBA - it works very well.. In fact I really cant see a tunnel (Friction) doing that much better on the vehical. I really felt good about the show, the fragrance and above all the clean.

Thinking that the distributor should be coming around every 4-6 weeks - I dont have that type of local support with Blendco - is there a down side to that? Do foot valves get clogged with this product - how often should product lines be changed?

What do you as an operator using this product or staying away from this product see as a downside?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've got a friend that distributes blendco and I have it running on one of my four autos. It can be more expensive than DIY, but works well due to the higher level of alkalinity it achieves. If you don't want to fool with experimenting with chemicals Blendco is one brand that I would recommend. It is not infallible though. No presoak I have found works on everything. I have seen some people complain about maintenance of the system but I just haven't found it to be a problem at all. I've had the system several years and have replaced the light in the barrel twice and changed a couple of foot valves. I don't have much in the way of line clogging issues or anything else, but my line runs are very short.

mac

Reaction score
I used to sell Blendco. The good news. When set up correctly, it does do a good job with show, scent, and cleaning. However, it needs to be monitored closely. If the powder is mixed too strong, it can drop out of solution. It usually clogs the lines when this happens. If the distributor can not show you how to calibrate it and do a surfactant flow test, find another distributor. If not mixed right, you will be wasting money, and it's a little pricey to start with.

washregal

Reaction score
How do you feel about it for SS Bay's I know it might be costly .. but I am tired of fighting the chemical battle - want to clear up my equipment room - dont want to have to constantly go back and fourth between chemical vendors. Does the light in the mixing tank have any correspondence with the way the tank operates? Also - is it recommended to use hot water in the mixing tank? Maybe change all foot valves and tubing once a year? - My current distributor stated that's about the right time frame to change up the chemical lines and replace all foot valves.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've never used it for SS. The stuff is concentrated, but there are a lot of decent concentrates on the market if that's what you don't like. Heck turtle wax has been doing the hyper packs at least 25 years.

I always thought the light in the tank was needed but my distributor assures me it is not, other than making it easy to see what the level of powder is.

You don't really get completely away from messing with chemicals, you have to dump the powder in the tank. I think I get around 150 cars per box. I mix cold water, no real problems. But again my tubing runs are very short and solution doesn't stay in there very long.

Cost aside, if you are looking for a sole chemical provider I think they can clean as good or better than most anyone and provide you with all your needs.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I've been using Blendco for 6 years now with very very little issues and my Rep has been fantastic to work with when I have questions or need to just shoot the breeze. We are going to be using their new line of Rust Oleum branded products now that were released at the ICA show it comes with a very appealing marketing program as well.

Gabriel

Reaction score
We have used Blendco for almost 15 years. Tried many others at first and once we installed the system all has been smooth sailing. Great products and the ease of use makes them a total winner. No clogging problems. We did get the newer mix system after 10 or so years and it is even better.

washregal

Reaction score
Is the newer mix system what comes with a new install of the supersat system? or is there something I should ask my distributor to install regarding that? Do you also use for SS bays? - Go through a fair amount of HPH Powder?

WikiWash

Reaction score
Looking at installing Blendco in both IBA and SS - I have driven my car (super Black) through several wash's recently and have found that through IBA - it works very well.. In fact I really cant see a tunnel (Friction) doing that much better on the vehical. I really felt good about the show, the fragrance and above all the clean.

Thinking that the distributor should be coming around every 4-6 weeks - I dont have that type of local support with Blendco - is there a down side to that? Do foot valves get clogged with this product - how often should product lines be changed?

What do you as an operator using this product or staying away from this product see as a downside?
Hey washregal!

Did you ever make the switch to blendco? If so how did you make out?

washregal

Reaction score
Thomas - I did put it on and like it alot - The support so far has been fantastic - There are a ton of other soap/ chemical people out there - but at the end of the day as an operator you need to do what is best for the customer - this is how I have always felt - I have had Blendco on since December and have been very happy with the results from a touchless standpoint I dont think they can be beat.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Washregal that's Awsome I have seen blendco setup right and it cleans really good. I am on quest now which cleans Awsome for me its just there is no real blendco distributor that knows what he is doing for NC. I have seen it setup in TN and was impressed. If I didnt have a Awsome distributor for quest I would be on blendco. Happy blendco got you cleaning cars. I like there stuff too. Are you using supersat setup and do you have it in any self serve bays.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Thinking about switching from HPH powder to H.A powder based on what I have read on it's extra strength in cleaning power, who here is using it (H.A powder) and do you agree on it's higher solution strength in the mixing tank and extra cleaning ability?. I will be consulting this with my rep on Monday but I thought I would get some input here as well.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use HA in the auto I have setup with blendco. It does raise titration levels a few drops over HPH, maybe 5 or so.

kentadel

Reaction score
I used HA for a while, but went back to HPH. I thought the HPH with 2000 applies better on the car, and for me was more consistant. I also saw a bit of a difference in suds. I do a 2 step with xxx ahead of it.

BBE

Reaction score
I tried blendco in my 4 and 2 for just the in bays. It cleaned reasonably well...didn't save me any money, broke even on what I was previously using. But I continuously had problems with the mixing tank lid. The floats would stop working and the water level would either get too low and be below the foot valve and then I was no longer sucking any product, or other various problems with it where it would eventually die. I went through THREE lids on my mixing tank, every single one of them died. After the third one I finally ripped it out and went back to liquid. I use car products. And I think it cleans better and way more consistent than blendco did. Just my opinion.