What's new

Blendco wow wax...

A.Milton

Reaction score
Back in 2009 there was a thread talking about product preference, WOW wax by Blendco was mentioned. I will have a year under my belt come April 15 owning my self serve car wash. What products do you prefer? I haven't been in the business long enough to have experimented with many. I do have a presoak that I am sticking with. It is excellent, dissolves bugs on contact, it is made by MarkVII called Bug getter. I have had customers tell me they come to my wash because of the presoak. My competition at the other end of town uses Rain X. I was just wondering if any of you have a product that has worked well for you?

Randy

Reaction score
After 30 plus years in the car wash business and using just about product available these are the chemicals we are currently using.

For Presoak we use Kleen-rite Inbay Turbo powder http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-32415-inbay-turbo-powder-50lbs.aspx

For high pressure soap and foam brush we use JBS Fonic wash http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-1115-jbs-fonic-wash-power-concentrate-5-gallon.aspx

For wax we use Simoniz Lemon glo wax http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-2684-simoniz-lemon-glo-5-gallon.aspx

A.Milton

Reaction score
Thank you for replying randy ...was starting to think everyone kept their chemical choices top secret. I will look into the kleen rite line. I read an awful lot about Blendco products and how the product was not the same quality after the business changed hands but have really not seen much written about different product lines available. There are so many available and with being new to business I really didn't know where to start. Thank you again Randy.

HCW

Reaction score
After 30 plus years in the car wash business and using just about product available these are the chemicals we are currently using.

For Presoak we use Kleen-rite Inbay Turbo powder http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-32415-inbay-turbo-powder-50lbs.aspx

For high pressure soap and foam brush we use JBS Fonic wash http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-1115-jbs-fonic-wash-power-concentrate-5-gallon.aspx

For wax we use Simoniz Lemon glo wax http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-2684-simoniz-lemon-glo-5-gallon.aspx
We use blendco per-soak now and very happy with results but at $157 for a 50lbs alkaline I would like to try the turbo powder, how do you mix it? Currently we use the blendco supplied mixing tank. Also, what per-soak do you use with the turbo powder?

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
We use blendco per-soak now and very happy with results but at $157 for a 50lbs alkaline I would like to try the turbo powder, how do you mix it? Currently we use the blendco supplied mixing tank. Also, what per-soak do you use with the turbo powder?
We use the Inbay Turbo powder as a self-serve presoak. I mix it in 5 gallon batches, mixing 72 oz. of powder to 5 gallons of water and then add 44 oz. of mixed JBS Fonic soap.

These are the products we tried that we had problems with from Kleen-Rite. All of these products are made by Simoniz.
Sonic Wash – separated after it was mixed with 10 of water, not a very pleasing scent
Bubble Up Foamy Brush – separated after it was mixed with 10 of water
Orange Cream – separated after it was mixed with 10 of water
Vanilla Cream – separated after it was mixed with 10 of water
Summer Breeze Presoak – No real cleaning power, mostly show

Bubble up, Cherry Blossom, Orange Cream, Vanilla Cream are all made from the same base so they all have the same separation problem when the temperature dropped below 60 degrees. We also tried the tropical bay line with the same separation problem. Kudos to Kleen-Rite as they are very good to work with.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Randy, why not use them straight out of the container? I use the orange cream and it seems to work fine that way.

softsuds

Reaction score
We use the Inbay Turbo powder as a self-serve presoak. I mix it in 5 gallon batches, mixing 72 oz. of powder to 5 gallons of water and then add 44 oz. of mixed JBS Fonic soap.
Randy,
After you mix your 5 gal. of concentrate (5 gal water with 4.5 lbs of powder) what ratio are you delivering it to the bay?
And why the 44oz of Fonic ? You say " mixed " so I assume your already using it as a high pressure detergent ?

Randy

Reaction score
I use an “Orange” tip on the 511 Hydrominder. I add the 44 oz. of Fonic to give it a little more foam to the 5 gallon batch. I use 15 gallon containers to mix up both the Fonic and the Presoak so it’s just a matter of dipping 44 oz. out of the Fonic mixing container to add it to the Presoak container. It’s really a very simple process and only takes a few minutes to mix up batch.

softsuds

Reaction score
I use an “Orange” tip on the 511 Hydrominder. I add the 44 oz. of Fonic to give it a little more foam to the 5 gallon batch. I use 15 gallon containers to mix up both the Fonic and the Presoak so it’s just a matter of dipping 44 oz. out of the Fonic mixing container to add it to the Presoak container. It’s really a very simple process and only takes a few minutes to mix up batch.
Randy,
Makes sense to me and simple enough. I see JBS has two different products called " Fonic"....
Which do you or anyone else like better ?
I tried kleen-rite " Sonic " recently and I don't like it. Smells terrible and just doesn't seem to
Work well. I saw Fonic and was concerned it might be the same.

I never have tried powder. Do you need a mixer to keep it in solution ?

Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
This is the JBS Fonic I’ve been using http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-1115-jbs-fonic-wash-power-concentrate-5-gallon.aspx I use it for both High Pressure and Foam Brush.
I tried the Kleen-Rite “Sonic” and I had nothing but problems with it separating. Kleen-Rite replaced it with JBS Fonic.

No I don’t use a mixer. I put 5 gallons of hot water into my 15 gallon container, add the powder, JBS Fonic and then use a stir stick I made out a piece of 1” gray conduit to mix it up. When it gets down to about 2 gallon remaining in the 15 gallon container I mix up another batch on top of the first batch.

HCW

Reaction score
Randy, have you ever used blendco products? Is your setup comparable? Or is it something that you are satisfied with?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
My whole wash 3+2 is all Blendco products and I am extremely happy with them, we are doing a 2014 cost per car on Monday.