What's new

Blendco Users

Turbo

Reaction score
I have not noticed any change and they seem to clean well and my local supplier gives very good service. I AM NOT AN AUTHORITY AND I AM NOT EXACT ENOUGH TO EVALUATE SOAP. My question is just the cost of the product. I will follow up with Blendco for the analysis.

diycarwash

Reaction score
Brent,
Thanks for hearing us out. I don't plan on switching at this point, but please take a look at what we have been saying. To many people have noticed a difference and some have already made the decision to change. We have done nothing but promote Blendco and will continue to as long as we get the mileage were use to. I think enough has been said and I look forward to my next shipment of thick Blendco products.
David

MEP001

Reaction score
rph9168 said:
MEP, I have learned a great deal from your posts but I doubt that one could remove the lid from a 5 gallon bucket without there being obvious signs of tampering or replacing the removed lid with a new one. Those lids cost almost as much as the bucket so I think it would hardly be cost effective to replace them after diluting the product.
I used to run a car wash supply warehouse, and we would keep a supply of lids on hand to replace the ones that would frequently get cracked in transit. Sometimes they wouldn't even leak if they hadn't been tipped, so removing and replacing them left no signs at all. Scotch Plaid sent them to us for free since it was their loading crew and their carrier that was the cause of the damaged pail lids. The lids are only a couple dollars apiece when ordered in bulk, and are in fact about half the price of the pails.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
When is the last time you bought pail lids? They have gone up quite a bit. If would probably not be cheap to stock pallet of lids just to doctor product. I stick by my post that I doubt that it would be worth a distributor's time and effort not to mention reputation to go to the trouble of replacing a lid to water down a product. Most manufacturers would have a problem with any distributor that tampered with their products so they would also be risking their ability to carry the product line. I would say the chances of a distributor diluting a manufacturer's products are slim.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I merged all of these Blendco threads to avoid confusion, and so you all can just read one thread to keep up.

As most of you know Blendco has been a sponsor of the Forum for many many years. If there was any evidence of any screwing the customer, I'd be returning their money. Also, bear in mind that I restrict what any manuf. can say about their products vs. anyone elses. But its evident that Brent is trying to address your concerns. I doubt it but if a distr. was tampering with the product, he would want to know and has asked any of you to send in a small sample.

The forum works, it helps everyone get the best products and the best equipment. Your participation is what makes this happen. You all know that this type of discussion won't be going on the other forums.

Be civil and as factually helpful as you can.

MEP001

Reaction score
rph9168 said:
When is the last time you bought pail lids?
I checked usplastics.com before I posted. Lids with spouts are $1.68 each.

I only offered the thought of tampering as a possibility. If one person says the formulation hasn't been altered and another says the product is thinner, either something is wrong in between or someone is lying.

diycarwash

Reaction score
MEP,
Blendco come in a closed container. There is no lid to take off. Not a bucket
David

soapy

Reaction score
Before I was involved with car washes I had a friend who worked for chemical distributor. He used to tell me how the distributor would dilute chemicals before shipping them out to the end users. I have always been careful since then to try to set up direct purchasing from manufacturer of any chemicals.
A few years ago I had a great product for presoak. It worked great for about ten years then I noticed a change in the product. Turns out they started getting the key ingredient from a chinese supplier and not the US chemical companies. The Chinese version would not disolve nearly as well as the US version and it led to product that gradually stopped working. Technically the forumla was the same but it did not work like the first product. I had to point out the product problem to the manufacturer. It ended up costing them a lot of business.

Gabriel

Reaction score
That would be you Galen and I am happy to say that it has been a winner for me. My products are consistent, however my equipment occasionally needs to be tweeked. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

mac

Reaction score
Never attribute something to dishonesty or malicious intent when ineptitude is always possible. This is regarding the distributor, not the manufacturer. There are, or were, a lot of people selling Blendco that didn't know a metering tip from a golf club. Anyone using Blendco needs to fully understand how it's mixed, and monitor it on a regular basis. It sounds like many of the users here do that, thus the discrepency in usage per bucket. I sell Blendco, but the factory guy that susposedly trained me didn't know what he was doing, and I lost several customers because of it.

ProCarWashes

Reaction score
I just don't think there is or was ever a malicious attempt to "water down" a Blendco product by Blendco or any distributor. I just don't believe it. I found after checking my system today, that I had two broken plastic tips and were allowing solution around the tips. The plastic incoming line had bent down putting pressure right on the tips. I repositioned the line so as to have a straighter alignment. This was increasing usage. I corrected the problem today. There are perfectly good reasons why your usage can be up. I suspect another reason is that I have replaced my injectors several times, in the corse of several years, which is a critical item. There are many different oz. per minute injectors. Another possible reason is, you must have a flow calculation, if you have ever replaced your low pressure solution pump. I just am not convinced its intentional. I might add that I have never sold or been connected to Blendco.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't you determine how much you use per car with a simple volumetrics test???

I'm getting my chem salesman out here next week to do this on everything. Yes, I can handle it, but it's a free service (or built into the price) so why not use it?

ProCarWashes

Reaction score
Yes, but there are a number of situations that change at any given time. I have seen some pretty wierd things happen. You can't walk away and ignore these systems.

dclark3344

Reaction score
How many of the respondents get their Blendco products from the Bristol, PA facility in the North and how many get their products from the Corsicana, TX facility? The viscosity made a notable change this past WINTER. I have personally used the products for 6 years and a fellow carwasher 12 years. The viscosity had not been this dramatic in many summers much hotter than this. I have seen the product freeze and gel or if it gets mixed with treated water with aluminum sulfate used as a clarifier it will collagulate and gel. MY products have been comming out of the TX facility and they are not what they used to be. I have made my transition already to a new product line and business is up and cost are down. This is the best year ever for me.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
What ever happened as a result of this thread? Was it the soap that was extra thin or was it the imagination of the complaining operators?

dclark3344

Reaction score
Blendco will probably never admit to anything. The FACT is the Surfactants are thinner. The guys that load my soap from my former distributor have even noticed the difference. I found a partial old container and I was surprised and how much thicker it is. I would have had more respect for blendco if they had come out and at least given some kind of reason for it happening instead of acting like the Customers (US) were insane.

Last edited:

Brent M

Reaction score
The results from the Blendco side are that we went back and tested the retains for the detergent in question and compared to standards and recent production and found that the viscosity was in specification. Further we did testing that showed at room temperature and in hot conditions (we put in the sun for the afternoon and raised to 80+ degrees) that the product from the customer and a standard solution- both experienced the same change in viscosity- indicating that the solution was within spec. I think the result with at least one of the customers is that we went and visited them and were able to use a smaller tip (actually a tube orifice) to put the usage within line. It appears that this may be two things- that the customer was not tipped properly, and second that in warmer conditions that excess usage was made worse by the warm conditions which made the product thinner- as it would with any product. Hope that helps.

diycarwash

Reaction score
I never heard back from them, but like I said I was please with the outcome. I have a theory about what happen to there products over the last few months before Dubious took over. This is my theory and not supported by anyone at Blendco. I think their previous supplier found out Blendco was not longer going to be using them and they watered the products down on the last few orders. So I expect the future products to be thick again and I am staying with Blendco.

Twodose

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you have notice changes in the products since there was an ownership change? I am going through product at a faster pace than before and I was just hit with a price increase. Have all of you guys had a price increase or was it just my distributor?
Yes, I have noticed the same. I thought it was just me but evidently not.

I believe it is with all of there products.

You know your wash, you can tell by the amount of business you are doing and how quickly the containers are going down.

I have been using Blendco for about 14 years.