What's new

Biz Insurance Recommendations

rshiggaon

Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for an insurance provider? I am based in Houston, with 5 SS, and 1 IBA. The existing insurance guys quoted me $8.5k, an increase of $1.5k.

TIA.

soonermajic

Reaction score
No longer can reccomend Midlothian. Now owned by Liberty Mutual, & called State Auto

soapy

Reaction score
I was with Nationwide for over 10 years and never had a claim. They came in last year with a huge increase. My agent got a quote from Auto Owners and it was several thousands less than the previous price I was paying.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
whomever you choose make sure they are authorized to do business in your state and that they will therefore be part of any guaranty fund if they go broke. Excess and Surplus lines carries can write business in some states and not be part of the fund and if they go broke when you have a loss you have no insurance. Don't accept any "They are A+ rated" claims. When an agent says this I tell them to put it in writing that the agent will personally cover claims if the company goes broke - they never do.

traveler17

Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for an insurance provider? I am based in Houston, with 5 SS, and 1 IBA. The existing insurance guys quoted me $8.5k, an increase of $1.5k.

TIA.
8 grand!! I pay a little less than that for 2 locations. I will say I had to go through first citizens bank because that’s who my loan is through. I didn’t have a choice. But so far so good. Like all of them hike is coming. Might be worth checking out

ShinePro

Reaction score

TIA.
Wow
In Ohio- Hastings Mutual- which is a national co
I use Cincinnati Ins to make sure they are honest
5 ss bay and 1 IBA. $3,500.
Having said that- they base it as much on my sales as they do the building and equipment.
Time to go Shopping!

Roz

Reaction score
Try Erie, they actually have a practice or group that handles carwashes specifically.
We have the same size wash for one location with Erie ($5500).
Have tried Mutual until they jacked up the rates (no claims or reason given).

Car wash insurance is nuts

sjb

Reaction score
I have a site visit scheduled with my agent (5+years) to review and make sure my ankles are covered…

In this litigious world, we are prime targets for nefarious bozo’s….

Any questions about coverage would you want to know….?

It’s a Tuesday lunch meeting….

8 bay SS + 2 dog washes
Atlanta

sjb

Reaction score
For those shopping their car wash insurance, you might want to consider The Columbia Insurance group (www.colinsgrp.com)

I have an 8 bay SS, with 2 dog washes, just under $2500 a year.

my agent is John Hall and his direct number is 678.715.9634 licensed in all states.

Good luck!

Etowah