What's new

Bird is relentless building nest in Laurel vendor

OurTown

Reaction score
The only problem with that gel is that it's messy and they have to land on it for it to work.

Can you not just cut a piece of the hardware cloth and set it on top of the magazines so the bird can't fly up inside?

It looks like they getting through the gap in between the magazines and not from the top of them.

Randy

Reaction score
I'd do the simplest thing, close it off for a week or so and they'll find another place to call home.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Could you install a hinged cover over the opening that customers could lift to get their items, but would keep the bird our?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Yesterday I bought Bird-B-Gone clear gel in a caulk tube cartridge at Ace Hardware. It's the only place I could find anything like it locally in stock. It sounds similar to the stuff Sooner mentioned. I didn't have time yesterday to remove multiple magazines to get the caulk gun in there but I'll try today.
Yep same stuff. It works like magic.

OurTown

Reaction score
Could you install a hinged cover over the opening that customers could lift to get their items, but would keep the bird our?

I had that thought of that too and would be a good long term solution.

OurTown

Reaction score
Four days with no birds after putting in some Bird-B-Gone clear gel. The first two days there was a little gel smeared in the delivery opening area but after that they gave up.