What's new

"BIO" chemical used in reclaim

br549ms

Reaction score
What type of "Bio" or treatment fluid are you using in you reclaim, if any. BioZone (concentrated living bacteria) is what I am using currently and it seems to work OK. However it is expensive.

There is very little information out there about this, can it be produced on site? just asking?

mac

Reaction score
While using bugs can work, I have seen it fail when some liquids, such as oil, get into the pit. Then you got a big mess to clean up.

br549ms

Reaction score
We utilize ozone and bio. The primay purpose of the bio is to aid the bacteria in breaking down organics and hydrocarbons in the main catch tank, or first tank in the process and to keep equipment / piping free of sludge. Ozone is used to control odors, chemical dyes but typically does not last long enough to destroy the bacteria in the primary catch tank or even in the pumping and filter equipment.

I do believe the microbes are useful. I would like to explore the possibility of a bio "generator" system that would leach into the process at the ideal point.

Any Ideas out there?

mac

Reaction score
This just doesn't smell right, if you get the pun. Something is wrong here. My guess is that the ozone system is not working right. Ozone kills bacteria and lasts around 20 minutes before going back to O 2. That is usually enough time to recirculate throughout the entire system. It is challenging to measure the exact amount of ozone actually being produced and is usually stated bu the manufacturer in grams per second. A simple way is to pull off the line supplying the ozone and hold it close to your nose. This should only take a couple of seconds and if working properly it should feel like a burning sensation as the ozone kills the bacteria in your nose and sinus. And my guess is that you are having an odor issue. If so it might be best to simply turn off the reclaim. This is done all the time in FL where reclaim systems are mandated. The only place where reclaim units actually save you $$$$ is in a conveyor wash with real high water consumption. I have been to more washes in FL than I care to think about, and around 90% on units in a self serve and auto are simply not used.