What's new

Billboard revenue

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Our billboard lease is coming up for renewal and am wondering what some of you with a billboard are getting per month right now ours is 2 sided on a 14k car per day road

Randy

Reaction score
Our billboard lease is coming up for renewal and am wondering what some of you with a billboard are getting per month right now ours is 2 sided on a 14k car per day road
How much are you getting now?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I always thought the rents paid for these things was way too low. Had a guy approach me once for an electronic Billboard and I was going to get a small percentage of the time on the Billboard as rent. I told him I wanted 10% of the gross. He ran away. angry. You could have a similar situation. They pay whatever now but could make a boatload more money if they upgrade to an electronic version with multiple advertisers.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I dont have one on my property but I rent one for another business I own....we pay $225 a month....for 1 side of the billboard.

Etowah

Keno

Reaction score
It's probably worth your time to get a company that specializes in billboard negotiations. As you know billboard leases are usually long term. The billboard company representative negotiates billboard leases all day long, most business people may do it once or twice in their lifetime. You need a pro on your side. Make them pay for electricity if they are using your power.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
It's probably worth your time to get a company that specializes in billboard negotiations. As you know billboard leases are usually long term. The billboard company representative negotiates billboard leases all day long, most business people may do it once or twice in their lifetime. You need a pro on your side. Make them pay for electricity if they are using your power.
They have their own meter for the billboard only thing I can find is it rents for atleast 1500 a month minimum their website shows the range for the area being 1500 to 6000 a month

WSM1989

Reaction score
We currently have a three sided billboard on our property that has been there since the eighties. My father said that it was put there with only a verbal agreement, currently we are being paid a total of $2,000.00 + per year for all three signs. My question is ….should we have a written agreement, and is this a fair price? This billboard sets in a major intersection that sees probably 10k cars per day.
Thanks!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
We currently have a three sided billboard on our property that has been there since the eighties. My father said that it was put there with only a verbal agreement, currently we are being paid a total of $2,000.00 + per year for all three signs. My question is ….should we have a written agreement, and is this a fair price? This billboard sets in a major intersection that sees probably 10k cars per day.
Thanks!
It would be unusual for a Billboard Company to not have a written agreement. I suggest you request a copy from the Tenant.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Our car wash was built around a large 2-sided billboard. We're located on a prominent corner in our city, with 102,000 cars per day. We renewed our 10-year contract 3 years ago. We used to get $1500 / month, but they reduced it down to $1000 / month. I wasn't happy about the reduction in rent, but had no wiggle room. I had a billboard attorney review it too. Outfront Media owns the billboard base to the ground, and was willing to remove it if I didn't agree. I can't complain too much. $12,000 a year is better than nothing. The billboard is a landmark and makes it easy to find my wash. They have their own meter, and pay their own electricity.

Attachments