What's new

Bill sorter/counter

MEP001

Reaction score
I have seriously considered buying a Cummins sorter/counter, but at around $2500 it's a hard thing to spring for. There's a distributor that will come by and clean/service the unit for a fee, probably $300 a year. I'm also considering a Ribao BCS-150 which is less than half the price, but a lot of the reviews are bad. Does anyone have one, and if so is it worth $1200, and how do you get it serviced?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have a Ribao mixed bill - non sort since bank will take mixed bills. . It's fickle with regard to condition of bills but other than that I was happy enough to buy a second machine.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
FWIW I bought my last Cummins 2 pocket machine on ebay probably five years or more for much less than a new one. I don't bother with an annual service, I've had to have it looked at once since I bought it and the charge was around $300 IIRC. Those things are designed for financial institutions that run more money in a day through one than I run through mine in a Year. I just occasionally blow it out with compressed air and clean the gunk off the rollers with simple green. Regardless of which one you buy, you'll find it hard to ever going back to counting by hand if you own one.

chaz

Reaction score
Absolutely go with the Cummins two pocket. I bought used in eBay a few years back. My local Cummins office gave me a full history based on the serial number before I bought. I have it serviced every 18 months or so….last time I was told it was near obsolete. hard to find good used as Cummins doesn’t sell trade in….only new. But quite frankly….my next will likely be new….its part of doing biz

Roz

Reaction score
RIBAO BC-55 Premium Bank Grade Money Counter Machine Multi Currency Mixed Denomination Bill Cash Value Counter 2 CIS/UV/MG/MT/IR Serial Number Recording FCC Approved

Recently purchased. Seems to work well.

MEP001

Reaction score
RIBAO BC-55 Premium Bank Grade Money Counter Machine Multi Currency Mixed Denomination Bill Cash Value Counter 2 CIS/UV/MG/MT/IR Serial Number Recording FCC Approved

Ribao does seem to have good customer support, and I could buy two of their sorters for the cost of a Cummins sorter and still save $500. The serial number thing seems more like a party trick than anything I need unless I can connect it to a computer and automatically scan for bills worth more than their face value.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

That is what I have - not a 2 pocket though. Liked it so much, bought a second.

Jonathan

Reaction score
I have seriously considered buying a Cummins sorter/counter, but at around $2500 it's a hard thing to spring for. There's a distributor that will come by and clean/service the unit for a fee, probably $300 a year. I'm also considering a Ribao BCS-150 which is less than half the price, but a lot of the reviews are bad. Does anyone have one, and if so is it worth $1200, and how do you get it serviced?
I'm quite curious about where you found the reviews for these machines. Your insights could be really helpful.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I'm quite curious about where you found the reviews for these machines. Your insights could be really helpful.
Don't expect a response from MEP001 since he sadly passed away not long ago.