What's new

Bill Discriminators

Kirb

Reaction score
I am sick of sorting mixed bills. Which Bill Discriminators do you have? I know they aren't cheap so I want to get one that will last. Where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks,
Kirb

slash007

Reaction score
I purchased the Kisan Newton V from a local seller a few months ago and it was the best thing I could have done. With two car washes, I have saved countless hours with the machine. It is super fast, full of features and works perfectly, but is not cheap. I paid about $2500 for mine. Here is a link to one:

http://www.girardsinc.com/currency_counter/newtonv/

MEP001

Reaction score
slash007 said:
With two car washes, I have saved countless hours with the machine.
Pun intended?

I've been told that the basic Royal Sovereign units are good, but they don't really sort, just pause for you to remove whatever bills aren't what you have it set for. A friend of mine has one, about $300, said it's fast and accurate.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Pun intended?

I've been told that the basic Royal Sovereign units are good, but they don't really sort, just pause for you to remove whatever bills aren't what you have it set for. A friend of mine has one, about $300, said it's fast and accurate.
It may be accurate, but if I had to remove every bill that was different from what I'm counting its certainly not fast. You may as well hand sort and use the machine to count.

We've used a Glory for ten years and have had minimal problems. One thing I havent done is had it reprogrammed to 'read' the new five dollar bills which is a pain in the ass. Whichever you decide to go with, you may want to ask how it handles new currencies as they come out.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I have the shinwoo SB-1000. I think I purhased it from ABC Coin, but I don't see it on their website any more. I'm happy with it and would purhase another if anything ever happens to it.

chaz

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-Jet...555?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd09a2853

Here's the one i have, by Cummins, With the dual pocket it will count on denomination and reject the others to the lower pocket. Also will face bills. The single pocket version stops when it detects a denomination change, works great, just count singles first, assuming you have mostly ones. My bank has the single pocket and is jealous of my two pocket unit.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
We have the Cummins 2-pocket also and have for years. I bought the first one years ago at one of the shows and my wife said she didn't want it and I told her to use it for 2 weeks and then let me know.

After two weeks I suggested we send it back and she said she'd rather send me back!!??

We now have 2 machines second one for a backup. They are a tremendous time saver!

toddmullens

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-Jet...555?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd09a2853

Here's the one i have, by Cummins, With the dual pocket it will count on denomination and reject the others to the lower pocket. Also will face bills. The single pocket version stops when it detects a denomination change, works great, just count singles first, assuming you have mostly ones. My bank has the single pocket and is jealous of my two pocket unit.
Have the same and it has been the best thing ever