What's new

Bill Changer Ripped from the wall

Randy

Reaction score
I got a call on Monday morning from a bill changer customer that his bill changer had been ripped from the front of his car wash at 2:45am Monday morning. He got a great video of the 2 guys who removed the bill changer. The police were only really interested in the Stoten pickup truck that was used. Hamilton has a 10 – 12 week lead time on equipment. I found a decent gutted RNS cabinet from a car wash that had closed and was able to build him up a changer. I’m starting to see more and more of these kinds of things.

Blanco

Reaction score
Its not little police interest or the police are ignoring the issue. The problem is the world is so brainwashed from "defunding the police" movement that they keep the little resources/officers they have left for more serious crime. No body wants to be a police officer anymore and you can't blame them. Who wants to put their life on the line everyday and then get spit on by CNN and be told how racist they are even if there black. Not to mention theres websites like killercop.com that will post your identity and address for the world to take out there delusional thoughts/actions on you or your family. All that on top of low income salarys leaves practically no incentive to join the force. The outcome is what we are experiencing and its only getting worse.

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
We are very fortunate to have an excellent police force. Sometimes we apologize for calling them on a petty issue and they tell us no problem, that is what they are here for. Almost all of them have great attitudes probably coming from the chief. We know several on a first name basis.

Last edited:

kentadel

Reaction score
I am also fortunate in my area that small crime is taken seriously. My comment on police having little interest in small crime is not personal at all. It is about working where they are hamstrung in what they can pursue.

Randy

Reaction score
UPDATE: They found the bill changer that was ripped from the wall. One of the regular car wash customers found it on the bank of the Columbia River and called the police. They destroyed the cabinet and removed everything that was inside, if it could be unscrewed, they took it. The only thing they didn’t take off the bill changer was the face panel. The police recovered the stolen pickup truck that was used parked in the city park parking lot.

MEP001

Reaction score
Not to mention, that if you do actually get someone apprehended, the likelihood that they will receive significant punishment (if any), is practically nil. I'm sure many cops have the attitude, why bother.
They are decriminalizing car wash break-ins here. It used to be felony breaking and entering if they got into a coin vault or changer or even the cleanouts, now it's criminal mischief, not a felony and very low priority. I've known of several chain break-in arrests and we never hear anything after from the police or the courts.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve been toe to toe with more than one policemen for what I thought was there lack of preforming their duties. It was explained to me and I don’t agree with it that breaking into the coin boxes, coin vaults etc. is classified as criminal mischief. To be charged with Felony breaking and entering they have to break into the equipment room or a storage building. There is so much crime here that they don’t go to court anymore, it’s all done on Zoom/online and a good percentage of the time they don’t show up. The state changed to policing laws a few years ago and have taken away a lot of the power that the police once had. You don’t see to many policemen out on the road anymore. Drive as fast as you want they aren’t going to stop you and if they do try to stop you, you don’t have to stop, they can’t chase you anymore.

edredtop

Reaction score
UPDATE: They found the bill changer that was ripped from the wall. One of the regular car wash customers found it on the bank of the Columbia River and called the police. They destroyed the cabinet and removed everything that was inside, if it could be unscrewed, they took it. The only thing they didn’t take off the bill changer was the face panel. The police recovered the stolen pickup truck that was used parked in the city park parking lot.
One wonders if the parts unscrewed will turn up on e-bay.

Randy

Reaction score
One wonders if the parts unscrewed will turn up on e-bay.
It’s a pretty common practice that meth maggots will disassemble everything they steal to see how it works. They will also collect rocks for some unknown reason. I’ve been watching EBay, Facebook market place and Craigslist but nothing has showed up yet, most like it’s out back of someone’s house.

washnshine

Reaction score
I’ve been toe to toe with more than one policemen for what I thought was there lack of preforming their duties. It was explained to me and I don’t agree with it that breaking into the coin boxes, coin vaults etc. is classified as criminal mischief. To be charged with Felony breaking and entering they have to break into the equipment room or a storage building. There is so much crime here that they don’t go to court anymore, it’s all done on Zoom/online and a good percentage of the time they don’t show up. The state changed to policing laws a few years ago and have taken away a lot of the power that the police once had. You don’t see to many policemen out on the road anymore. Drive as fast as you want they aren’t going to stop you and if they do try to stop you, you don’t have to stop, they can’t chase you anymore.
Where are you, Randy?