What's new

Bill Acceptor

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Can someone answer this? I have an intermittent problem with my bill acceptor. Is there a feature on the Wash Select II where if it gets too hot inside that it will not take bills at all?

At first I thought my coin hopper wash jammed which will prevent the acceptor from taking bills. That has been a previous issue. But now I noticed that the fan is not on inside and it was hot. Will that also keep the bill acceptor from taking bills?

There is power to the acceptor. When you turn the power off and on, you can hear the acceptor resetting. I have also changed the cable from the hopper to the control board with no success.

When I say it does not work, it will not take a bill in at all. There are no lights on where you put the bill in.

Thoughts?

Randy

Reaction score
When you say it hot, how hot would you say it is inside the cabinet? What brand bill validator is it? Heat should not have any affect on the operation on the bill validator.

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Bill validator

When you say it hot, how hot would you say it is inside the cabinet? What brand bill validator is it? Heat should not have any affect on the operation on the bill validator.
It was in the mid 80's today and I noticed that the fan was not on inside the cabinet. I am sure it was over 100 degrees in there. If there is no thermal sensor could it be the coin hopper is bad? I am guessing that it will not take bills because it thinks that there are no quarters to make change. Is that a good assumption? By the way, it is a Coinco Validator. I have sent the validator back to have it checked out and they found no problem.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'd assume the equipment would tell you why it isn't taking bills unless something is defective; validator flashing a code, controller outputting a message or something.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think you're barking up the wrong tree. I've never had an issue with a Washselect that I could blame on heat and we have 100 plus degree days here. I believe most electronic components are rated to work in the 130-140 range. If you have a mars acceptor it should blink twice if removed from service by the controller. I beleive if the computer was shutting the acceptot down the unit would go and display OOS.

Have you tried cleaning the bill acceptor? Also, the wash select has decent error messaging sent to you via text. You need to configure that if you haven't already.

gsgriffin

Reaction score
I agree with the other posters saying it is probably not heat. I have two of these units in direct sun that hit the 100+ range regularly.

I had an issue where I had an unusually busy period at the wash, and one of my WS II stopped taking bills. When I looked at it, the bill collector had quite a few more dollars in it than when we normally empty the machine. After removing the bills it worked fine. Not sure what that has to do with your issue!

Griffin

mcalex

Reaction score
Greetings, i was wondering if anyone here has had a issue with the wash select 2 unit taking bills but not giving credit , My CPU board has a LED lit up the indicates "bill acceptor Fault" this happened when we got vandalized, and they destroyed the bill acceptor , we replaced the hardware and we found out about this issue , i have talked to a few distributors , they said that it was the board itself , so we replaced the board 2 times and the same light does light up , and is the same issue , we also replaced the harness to make sure there we eliminate a short in the system. i have a MEI bill acceptor. at this point im lost , do i need to program the bill acceptor to the unit ? ..any help would be appreciated . Thank you

Randy

Reaction score
What model Mars validator is it? AE series or the new Talos? If it is a Talso you might have to reprogram it.

mcalex

Reaction score
What model Mars validator is it? AE series or the new Talos? If it is a Talso you might have to reprogram it.
It is the AE , older unit , do you think that the boards that i acquire before were programed to work with the newer model ?

Randy

Reaction score
Are you sure the older AE validator works? It should be a AE2602 validator. Is it set correctly? The boards inside shouldn't be a problem.

mcalex

Reaction score
Are you sure the older AE validator works? It should be a AE2602 validator. Is it set correctly? The boards inside shouldn't be a problem.
Im Honestly not positive , but i can check for sure , thank you this is giving me some direction .