What's new

Bigger Changer

Noob

Reaction score
I’ve got a single AC1005 unit that on busy days gets emptied out. I’m wanting to add some more capacity but I’m not sure what’s the best solution. The cheapest would be to add another AC1005 side by side the other. Has anyone ever done this? If so how did you mount it? My other option is to purchase a double unit which is a couple grand more.

Jim64

Reaction score
Do you have the capacity extender that mounts to the top of the hopper?

Noob

Reaction score
I do but whenever I fill it to the top it has a tendency to jam the hopper.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Redundancy is a must since changers are the heart of the system. Took over a place with 2 and quickly decided I need a third because if one went down with a jamb the second could empty out quickly. Even with taking dollars bill snd CC I think 3 is a must. unless I want to run there every time 2 went down.

OurTown

Reaction score
Redundancy is a must since changers are the heart of the system. Took over a place with 2 and quickly decided I need a third because if one went down with a jamb the second could empty out quickly. Even with taking dollars bill snd CC I think 3 is a must. unless I want to run there every time 2 went down.

Do you dispense quarters or dollar coins/tokens?

Randy

Reaction score
If your running out quarters why don’t you add some before you run out, my clean up guy pulls the cash and adds quarters if the changer looks like it’s going to run out during the course of the day. Or you could put the hopper extension on a new hopper so it won’t jam, that way you’ll have a spare hopper. Or you can buy another changer and mount it next to the other changer. You’ve got a lot of options. American changer use a Pyramid validator as there default validator, Pyramid validators are just about the worst validator you can buy.