What's new

Big cat 3535/ Hypro 2535

Etowah

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
About eight months ago my Cat 3535 died on me after 5yrs of faithful service. I ended up going with a hypro 2535 which I was told was a comparable replacement. It worked fine for six months or so then the @#%# hit the fan. I have replaced the seals on this thing four times.

#1.I found out the hard way that the big unloader needs to be modified if you don't buy it through coleman.

When we got pump stand from Coleman the unloader bypass was plumbed back into the back side of the cat pump so when I got in my new pump I plumbed it the same way. The day after I installed the new pump my 24vac fuse popped in my main panel causing the solenoid valves not to open thus blowing out my seals again. I was told without a true bypass the water gets too hot and will blow out any seals on any pump.

I have since run my bypass back up into my fresh water gravity tank hoping to avoid this prob again.

The Hypro rep told me that the warranty is not valid due to the set up we have!

I guess my question is will the cat pump have the same problem if the 24v ac fuse blows. Also, the fuse blows very sporadically once every couple of days. I was told that this could be due to a stuck solenoid or a short. I have haven't found any shorts so I guess I need to look at the sols. anybody have any secrets for finding the bad one if in fact this is the cause.

Any insight would be much appreciated.. Thanks

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
what solenoid valve is sticking to make the pump dead head and over heat, I cant see this happening, what pressure are you running? and is the new pump rpm where it should be?

Last edited:

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
As it turns out I had a short in my 24v ac line which would blow out my fuse then would cause all my solenoids to stay closed when the pump came on. All that pressure and no where to go. I finally ran the 1-1/4" bypass up into my fresh water tank that way if this happens again I won't blow out my seals... Appearantly Hypro seals blow out much easier than cat according to Moley @ coleman. The down side to this is that I can't use my CCP anymore because it will go back into my freshwater supply. FYI