What's new

Beware Kleen rite pit grating / customer service 😡

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
I been using kleen rite for well over 15 years and have been very happy until now. We are in need of new pit grating so I contacted kleen rite about their molded fiberglass pit grating with size and span. I spoke with several techs there and each one assured me that the grating ( https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-32307-4-x-8-gray-grating-with-grit-surface.aspx) would "be fine" in my bays. I attempted to decipher the load chart they have on the website but couldn't make any sense out of it, so I ordered based on the info I was told. After ordering I ran into a contractor buddy of mine and showed him the load chart and he told me to run away from these as fast as possible.

I called the ( caroplast )manufacturer directly and was told by the manager that these grates are " in NO way intended for vehicle traffic" and referred me to a high strength grating that they sold designed to hold the weight of a vehicle.

I refused delivery of grates over a month ago and am still waiting for a $1,500.00 credit. I called again today to check on the refund and was told they might give me a refund if they get a refund from the manufacturer. :mad:

madscientist

Reaction score
Is that the same grating they have sold for many years? I have some in use in my bays. Aside from the dirt, they look the same now as they did when they were new. They get driven over many times a day and I've had them in service for at least 7 years.