• Add another IBA

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Rent it out to Auto Detailer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TJ_DOT

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

We have a bay that is empty and am looking for some suggestions on what can be done to repurpose this bay so it can not only generate some revenue, but also value add to our customers.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

washnshine

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

We have a bay that is empty and am looking for some suggestions on what can be done to repurpose this bay so it can not only generate some revenue, but also value add to our customers.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.
Depends on many things. What is the bay now?

Dog wash - do you want to clean that up?

IBA - do you have $150,000 and the traffic count to justify it?

Rent to detailer - do you have someone in mind who you want under your roof in your space who can represent your standards? Even though they will be a separate business that you rent space to, most people will think of them as “the detailer at XYZ car wash” and you will be associated with their reputation, quality, service etc.

MEP001

Reaction score
Rent to detailer - do you have someone in mind who you want under your roof in your space who can represent your standards?
This is definitely important. It can really work out in your favor if you can find someone who will also act as an attendant. I used to run a vehicle inspection station in an unused auto bay of an 8-bay SS. It barely did enough to cover my pay, but the car wash tripled in income the first year I was there. I just kept it clean and working well.