What's new

Best way to cover hoses on roof?

Mchas

Reaction score
Just redid all of the high and low pressure hoses on our roof and would like to protect them from the sun to get as many years as possible out of them.

Any suggestions for something to cover them with? I was thinking of something like split wire loom but since the hoses start in a large bundle and then slowly get narrower as each bay splits off it’s hard to figure out a good solution.

Curious what others do with their hoses on the roof to help protect them?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've seen tile drain used for short runs from a trough to where they come up from underground in PVC. You'll probably want some that's not perforated.

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
a 1 foot x 1 foot, three sided trough made from treated lumber ?

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
Just redid all of the high and low pressure hoses on our roof and would like to protect them from the sun to get as many years as possible out of them.

Any suggestions for something to cover them with? I was thinking of something like split wire loom but since the hoses start in a large bundle and then slowly get narrower as each bay splits off it’s hard to figure out a good solution.

Had a heat pump guy make a trough and put 2 inch styrofoam on all4 sides and made it where the lid would come off. Has lasted over 25 years and still in good shape. Make it big enough so you can work on the fittings

soonermajic

Reaction score
Just spray paint the lines all white. You'd be surprised how effective & cheap a solution that is.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

Do you need to heat the trough or are you in a non freezing climate?

soapy

Reaction score
I run all my lines in 6 PVC pipe just under the roof attached to the ceiling joists. I do not see why you could not run them on top of the roof.

Etowah