What's new

Best tunnel equipment?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Who makes the best overall tunnel equipment? Is therr anyone who is considered the best? Or maybe top 2?
Who has the most expensive, & least?
Least amount of maintenance & issues?

MC3033

Reaction score
Everyone has very different experiences and preferences.

They are all going have maintenance issues eventually. Customer service and parts availability might be more important.

Sonnys makes fairly simple equipment and has the most robust support/parts.

AVW and PECO use a lot of stainless which will last forever. It also adds weight to a system and makes it harder to tune in equipment/wear bearings quicker

Belanger, Motor City and Macniel equipment are a bit more complex but give you the most control. More parts means more maintenance. I would say the added maintenance is negligible to most washes. Just takes more time to learn the equipment.

Macniel customer service is awful. Belanger feels like a giant gimmick these days (spinlight). I have a preference for Motor city but they over charge for parts and have a shit website.

I would take a hard look at Sonnys and Motor City. I would also recommend going with someone that you have a local distributor for.

Lastly, don’t forget you can mix and match equipment from different manufacturers. Personally I like peco top brush, AVW mitters, motor city conveyor and wheel/tire brushes and Sonnys wraps/side brushes

washnshine

Reaction score
I know Hanna is now owned by Coleman and is not the giant it was decades ago, but they still make solid equipment. Not sure how the service/maintenance/distribution is these days though.

Reaction score
There are a few good tunnel systems out there. My current Favorites are:
Tommy because of their innovative and modern design, meant to clean a car. (only con is that they really don't use the top brush, which cleans better than a mitter.)
Sonny's is also great, especially with the Fusion Process. They also use both the top brush and the mitter, and at my local wash, which has Sonny's, uses both!
Overall those are my top picks, and if you're looking into building a wash, I suggest those two.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
There are a few good tunnel systems out there. My current Favorites are:
Tommy because of their innovative and modern design, meant to clean a car. (only con is that they really don't use the top brush, which cleans better than a mitter.)
Sonny's is also great, especially with the Fusion Process. They also use both the top brush and the mitter, and at my local wash, which has Sonny's, uses both!
Overall those are my top picks, and if you're looking into building a wash, I suggest those two.
Why are you replying if you don't even own or operate a car wash?

MEP001

Reaction score
Why are you replying if you don't even own or operate a car wash?
He's just letting us know which ones he likes his mom to drive him through.

I've suggested to him in PM already that he should make it transparent that he's just a 17 year old kid, but he repeatedly (on three different accounts, the other two are Wisconsin Car Wash Channe and The Car Wash Fanatic) posts as if he's a long-time operator.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW AVW makes Tommy and makes Top Brush. I have one. If I get a good deal on mitter I would remove and replace with a miter. Less hassle with the mitters and with triple mitters like I have at my other 3 places there is plenty of top cleaning.

Dcpagejr

Reaction score
Who makes the best overall tunnel equipment? Is therr anyone who is considered the best? Or maybe top 2?
Who has the most expensive, & least?
Least amount of maintenance & issues?
As an AVW Distributor I am partial to our brand. Where are you located?

Oasis

Reaction score
I know Hanna is now owned by Coleman and is not the giant it was decades ago, but they still make solid equipment. Not sure how the service/maintenance/distribution is these days though.
high $$$$$ for service & parts

Etowah